F-Spaced/Trembucker pickup w/ Wilkinson Trem

taez555

With the Wilkoinson trem on a normal Warmoth strat body, does it require the wider F-Spaced/trembucker type pickups for the bridge humbucker?  I know it does for a floyd rose, but didn't know about the wilk.

I'm close to ordering and realized today I overlooked this detail.  I didn't want to order the wrong size pickup. :)

Thanks for your help.

erik

I just installed a Duncan '59 TREMBUCKER on the bridge of my strat with the Wilkinson trem and the poles match up perfectly,  I used a regular '59 in the neck and that matches up perfectly as well.  Get the trembucker or f-spaced.  That's what it's for!

taez555 said:
With the Wilkoinson trem on a normal Warmoth strat body, does it require the wider F-Spaced/trembucker type pickups for the bridge humbucker?   I know it does for a floyd rose, but didn't know about the wilk.

I'm close to ordering and realized today I overlooked this detail.  I didn't want to order the wrong size pickup. :)

Thanks for your help.

erik

Actually any bridge that isn't a Tune-o-matic style or narrow spaced fixed strat bridge has string spacing wide enough to require a F-spaced or trembucker.

Some tom styles have wider string spacing equal to F-spacing, Schaller 456 for instance.

It's there in the Warmoth descriptions- old Fender hardtails and 6-screw whammy = extra-wide, Tune-o-matic = really narrow, everything else is 2 1/8" or so.

6-hole vintage whammy: 2-7/32" (2 14/64")
Vintage Strat hardtail: 2-1/4" (2 16/64")

Wilkinson whammy: 2-1/8" (2 8/64")
Schaller 456: 2-3/32" (2-6/64")
both Floyd's: 2-3/32" (2-6/64")

Tone Pros Tune-o-matic: 2-3/64"
Gotoh Tune-o-matic: 2-3/64"

There's actually three spacings happening here - I believe "F-spacing" is wider then "trembucker", but it varies from brand to brand. Bill Lawrence is the only one I know of who used to let you choose any different width by mm spacing.

Back