explorer

Man, I had forgotten about this company. I wannttttt......

That sale on the Swamp Ash Tele/Strat is a good looking deal!

fdesalvo said:
I have been lusting after the 59 double cut!

I too had forgotten all about this company.  Thanks for the notice of the Explorer.  I have always kicked myself in the butt for not picking up an Explorer while Warmoth was building them.  Might have to give them a try. 

And yes, that 59 double-cut is a sweeeet body.  I am thinking that would have to come before the Explorer.
Some feedback from anybody else that has done these builds would be cool...
:rock-on:

Black Dog said:
...Some feedback from anybody else that has done these builds would be cool...

There's a thread on TGP about this company with good words and lot's of photos of nice looking guitars. I was going to order a V but then I found mine for half the money so I have no personal experience. Since we are talking about Explorers here's one I saw today and I would love to have.

[youtube]jUHv0MmmG8A[/youtube]

This is my Gold Top from those guys.  Great guitar, lots of fun to play.  Just wish I could have gotten stainless frets, but oh well...
Patrick

Gold_Top.jpg

Hey Patrick, I'm still waiting for your to bring that thing over to my place so I can try it out. Where have you been? 

If i got things right, those precision guitar kits actually originates from http://www.fastguitars.com/, who also has a "Facebook Quick deals" page with some ridiculously cheap stuff. Friendly, serviceminded and top notch quality. Worth checking out.

Not only do they produce an outstanding set neck kit from all the reviews I have read,
BUT, for us working folk that don't necessarily have that kinda Skrilla $$$ on hand, they have a set up where you can pay into your account until you have enough to purchase your kit.(basically Lay-a-way)

It has been a helluva year Greg.  Four eye surgeries, wrecked car, laid off from job, on more medication for stomach issues (surprising right?), two pals passed away, girl issue, and I'm sure that there was more I've forgotten because it just hasn't let up.  Because of this, I've slowed down on everything to try and get what I can control in order as best as possible.  I'll get back there with the guitar, but at the moment it's on hold.
Patrick

I have no idea where they'd put binding on an SG body.  Maybe an error on their website builder?

Not the body.....the neck, with the trapezoid inlays. Those would finish off the conversion of an SG JR. Into a Standard.

DangerousR6 said:
Mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
Wish they had an SG kit, I've looked at some others but "fret" over quality... :laughing7:

welllll, they do have an SG kit:

https://buy.precisionguitarkits.com/product/sg-jr-customizer

An SG junior that is... But you can customize it to have humbuckers and a TOM
nice, didn't see that...

Hey Doug,
I just noticed, they have that SG Junior kit on sale right now for $299.99.  At that price, it looks like you have to take it like it is, without any customization.  But damn, that is a hard price to beat, especially considering that's the body and neck. 
Thinkin' about picking one of those up myself...

I've been extremely pleased with my Jr kit from these guys.  I think you should just do it.

do it!!!!

BTW - I suspect the price on the site might be in CAN dollars.  A bit of a bonus for you US folks if so...

I'm pleased with mine as well.  I have thought about the SG kit as well, but I'd do the custom one.  If I'm spending the money, I'm getting it my way...
Patrick

Back