EVH PROJECT HELP

ACE5150

Hey guys,
Looking to make my first warmoth project and i need some help here.
Once body and neck comes i am posting videos on how i made my EVH 1 frankenstrat comes out.
My first question is about the pilot holes...Ive been talking to Spike and he told me that its easy to drill them. Im not totally sure some im coming to you guys.
Second is about the body wood,, I got ash and alder and i know ash needs a ton of filler but what about alder.

I have no idea how to prep my alder body whether i should use grain filler or just sand with 220 and 320 grit sandpaper.
Thanks guys for the post and rock on :rock-on: :headbang1: :guitarplayer2:

Alder doesn't need grain filler; how are you going to finish, solid with stripes? In that case you just need to shoot 2-4 coats of sanding sealer and level to #320/400 before applying color coats.

Drilling pilot holes ain't about nothing....

sounds like you don't have a clue, good luck! 

If you can't figure out pilot holes how are you gonna figure out paint?

No i got it but i wanted to know if there was a secret to it, Thanks a lot picks will be up soon by friday

wow, a tad "direct" I'd say.

i just finished my Frankenstrat and will post appropriately.  i bought a black finished strat body.  saves you a ton of time and cost is similar.  no sealing necessary and the first color is done for you.  i bought alder instead of ash but it sounds great.

i also bought and modified the KWS neck and it's close but bugs me that its not perfect.  i may seek out a closer headstock.  the neck and body went together almost perfectly.  i paid for FR pivot holes and neck pocket taper.  takes a lot of headaches away for you.  i had to shim the nut .030 but setup is perfect now.

good luck and have fun :guitarplayer2:

ymi5150 said:
wow, a tad "direct" I'd say.

i just finished my Frankenstrat and will post appropriately.  i bought a black finished strat body.  saves you a ton of time and cost is similar.  no sealing necessary and the first color is done for you.  i bought alder instead of ash but it sounds great.

i also bought and modified the KWS neck and it's close but bugs me that its not perfect.  i may seek out a closer headstock.  the neck and body went together almost perfectly.  i paid for FR pivot holes and neck pocket taper.  takes a lot of headaches away for you.  i had to shim the nut .030 but setup is perfect now.

good luck and have fun :guitarplayer2:

Cool, I'm actually in the mood to see a Frankenstrat... welcome, and looking forward to it :guitarplayer2:

Yeah i finished the Franky heres some vids of me making it... http://www.youtube.com/user/DEUCHONMANDIC

:rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on:

Back