Esquire ...... My "Vintage" tone quest has ended.....

RobR

On the continuing "Tele" tone quest...... The "vintage" chapter is now closed ......

RobTele4of4.jpg

1pc Extra light Swamp Ash Vintage Spec Body
1pc Qsawn Vintage modern neck "Telefied Warhead"
SRV, Compound, 6100's
Tusq nut
Gotoh Vint tuners and bridge

Current pickup is some Fender custom shop something or other that had been sitting in a drawer for several years... will likely get something custom wound for this...

Rings like a bell....  and I can not put this thing down!!!!!

I am one happy camper!

straight wiring for now..... no switch (honestly it gets it the way.... I'm pretty quick with the tone knob).....

Thanks guys...... I'll tell ya.... this is one of the liveliest guitars I have ever played.... acoustically it's amazing.... and plugged in it is beyond responsive..  great full spectrum of sound....

However.....I feel the guitar is being cheapened by that pickup... although is sounds really good I feel like it's the weakest link.... time to call my tech to get out the winder.... ha ha ha

That's so sweet, it makes me want to put my strat on hold and build a tele. And I think I like that headstock more than the normal warhead.  :rock-on:

I do not know why, but it seems that Teles grow on you, not just an individual Tele,but the style of guitar just grows on you. Nothing seems to sound or respond to you like one does.
Maybe it is just me. But I have played a lot of guitars in my days and I keep going back to Teles.
Great build
get your pickup of choice and rock on.

fs_Merle_Haggard.jpg

I actually didnt like tele's for some reason until last year. Now they are my favorite guitars. I love yours by the way. nice, really nice.

That thing looks great! I really love that headstock on a vintage-style Telecaster body. Some great woodgrain, too...

****Update*****

New pickup wound by Lynn Collins.... its a tapped pickup 8-ish K to 16-ish K ...... Push Push pot on the tone .... goes from vintage to Mike Tyson punch to the face.......

I let stultzies9 have his way with her recently and he posted some sound clips here:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21380.0

NOW .... it is complete! 

Very nice example of the breed. I'm a sucker for single-pickup guitars and that is one Telesquire I'd be proud to own! Great job!

Where did you get the control plate with the two knobs and no switch?
I've never seen one of those before I saw this guitar.

Street Avenger said:
Where did you get the control plate with the two knobs and no switch?
I've never seen one of those before I saw this guitar.
Probably one of these  :dontknow:
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Custom-Made-ChromeTelecaster-Control-Plate-NO-HOLES-for-you-modders_p_197.html

Hmm... As much as I hate the warhead shape, I really like what you did with this one. Nice control setup too - Clean and simple.

Back