epic thread

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Getting Hungry now.  I maight have to go and get quintessentially English dish.  Lamb Madras.

jimh said:
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Getting Hungry now.  I maight have to go and get quintessentially English dish.   Lamb Madras.

I think I'll be taking the family round the pub tonight!  Gotta get that scotch egg...

hahaa, after living in Ireland for 7 years, and lots of trips to england, you start to believe that battering food is a great idea!
battered bangers, fish, mushrooms, onions, etc.. the irish would probably batter lettuce if they could

oh, I was recently craving for a scotch egg!! an Egg rolled in banger meat.. can't get much better than that!

MUYFUE said:
Scotch Egg!
Not sure what the real name is but it's an hard boiled egg like coated in bacon and deep fried?
I had one at this bar (pub) The Lion and The Rose, and it was great...spherical heart attack but SO tasty!

hahaha we must have a psychic connection.. I actually wrote that before I read your message! :)

Did you ever go to Scotland and have a Battered Pizza, followed by a Battered Mars Bar?

Heart Attack on a plate.    Aaaaaahhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhh!  You know it makes sense    

AWESOME!
DO NOT RESIST ME...I AM IN YOUR MIND...wow, it's quiet...AHAHAHA only kidding :toothy10:
Mark O said:
hahaa, after living in Ireland for 7 years, and lots of trips to england, you start to believe that battering food is a great idea!
battered bangers, fish, mushrooms, onions, etc.. the irish would probably batter lettuce if they could

oh, I was recently craving for a scotch egg!! an Egg rolled in banger meat.. can't get much better than that!

jimh said:
Did you ever go to Scotland and have a Battered Pizza, followed by a Battered Mars Bar?

Heart Attack on a plate.    Aaaaaahhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhh!  You know it makes sense    

I had so many battered foods, it is quite possible :)

People are sometimes snobby about english foods, but they do have the best drunken food in the world!!
there is nothing better than the smell of lard and vinegar in old newspapers when you are drunk!
or a nice messy doner kebab which will still be on your shirt for the rest of the night!

another favorite was the garlic and cheese chips! chips in a aluminum tray, soaked with cheese and garlic mayonnaise..
oh or with curry.. God, I am hungry now
and I also wonder why I got so fat in that period of my life.

Max you'd like the donner kabob more.

(It's a bit lame, and a bit high level, but I'm still happy with the joke.)

its Doner Kebab.. (not shish kabob or something)
it's like shoarma or Gyros (them fecking greeks!) but much better
oh and it is made out of mystery meat. (usually Lamb)
you eat it in a pita bread with garlic mayonnaise and/or some spice red sauce.

doner-kebab.jpg

Also known as an "elephants leg".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 
I have been know to eat these even when sober.

hannaugh said:
I have some pretty weird stories, but I think the absolute weirdest one is this:

I'm sitting my recliner one evening watching tv in my pjs, suddenly something falls from the ceiling onto my shoulder.  I try to grab it, it starts wriggling... because it was a LIVE LIZARD.  No joke.  I panicked and threw it across the room.  It ran under the tv and we caught it the next day.  WEIRD.

Somehow a Gecko would have been more appropriate...

Mark O said:

doner-kebab.jpg

Dang that made me freakin' hungry!

If you get authentic Doner from a Turkish restaurant you MUST order "Iskandar Kabob" ("Alexander's Kabob" meaning Alexander the Great). Its Doner meat sliced fresh off the skewer and served in a sea of garlic yogurt and zesty marinara with cubes of turkish bread floating in it. Aaaaaaaah.....must...resist...late...night...run...to...Istanbul...Grill....Aaaaaah!

Zaman said:
Mark O said:

doner-kebab.jpg

If you get authentic Doner from a Turkish restaurant you MUST order "Iskandar Kabob" ("Alexander's Kabob" meaning Alexander the Great). Its Doner meat sliced fresh off the skewer and served in a sea of garlic yogurt and zesty marinara with cubes of turkish bread floating in it. Aaaaaaaah.....must...resist...late...night...run...to...Istanbul...Grill....Aaaaaah!

That's called a "Donair" up here...  Every pizza joint has them.

Xplorervoodoo said:
Zaman said:
Mark O said:

doner-kebab.jpg

That's called a "Donair" up here...  Every pizza joint has them.

What is that? Thats some type of giant  pressed lamb piece. Looks good, I'd love it with cucumber yogurt sauce, some pita bread,  Tahini, Couscous , Humous and tomatos with lettuce and a greek hot sauce..

Back