Entertaining offers on a 76 Tele Deluxe, dead mint.

AprioriMark

Message me with offers if this is something your collection has to have.  I don't need another one, so I'm passing it on for the right price. 

tele2t.jpg

-Mark

Luke by Vox said:
20 dollars. Or.. just send it to me.. call it a wedding present.

I offered him $20 as well. :blob7:

But Mark, I'm starting to get really pissed off that you don't give me enough Tuesday afternoon gifts. :icon_jokercolor:

The Central Scrutinizer said:
Isn't today "National Fat Foreigners Day"???

It costs more to ship a guitar to Texas than California. Mark surely would not be inclined to pay such shipping fees. :icon_jokercolor:

Rofl.  You guys are awesome.  NO SOUP FOR YOU.

*by the way, I never watched one episode of that show*

-Mark

I want it, but don't have a single cent to my name right now.  :sad: Wanted one like that forever it seems. Best of luck selling it, man. Now, if it hasn't sold within the next few months....  :sad1:

Yes, rather low (for Fender) and fat (for Fender) frets from mid-70's to maybe 1980 or maybe beyond.
My 78 Strat has those same frets... not really my cup of tea

Mint was a joke, but it's 100% stock.  I have the sales receipt from a family member who never modified it.  The Deluxes came with medium jumbo frets.  This is the second one of these I've owned, and they're not my thing.  As trendy as they seem to be at the moment, I'd rather have the cash.

-Mark

I am seriously interested. What type of neck profile does it have? I have a '79 Strat neck that I love that is kind of like the Warmoth Boatneck profile: V at the top and then tapers to a fat C. I also have a '77 Strat with a super thin U shaped neck. What type of profile would you say it has?

Does it have a case? How much do you want for it? Would you consider trade for Warmoth parts and cash?

I'm not going to argue about it, because it doesn't look stock to me either, but he swore it is.  The Fender dealer may have added the string trees before selling it, but I'm sure he didn't.  This was a guy who almost couldn't plug in his own amp.  When I asked him about this guitar, I asked him if he'd put decent tuners on it, and he said he'd bought it new and never touched it except to change strings.  He'd never even taken it to someone to have it set up.  The action was high and the intonation was off.  Five minutes of tweaking on my part, and you'd think I'd turned water into wine.

The neck is thin; thinner than I'd like.  I have a 73 Tele with a similar neck that's slightly more comfortable.  This is more V than C or D, but still thin.  The width is also very thin, a little less than 1 5/8".  I don't enjoy it personally.

-Mark

Man, I had a '76 in cream which I had to sell 9 years ago when I had a period of unemployment....

I'm gonna build a steroid-ed replacement with Warmoth parts. Already have the neck.

Know which Duncan h'buckers I want.

The original would be worth a bit today, though it wasn't that great....

My new version will be superior in every way.

- Blackouts

Back