Enter the Splintercaster...

Well, the 3rd time around was the charm for the wiring, although I'm not sure that I did anything different ???  At any rate, I promised more pics of the completed guitar so here we go (along w/ a shot of the ever so exciting shielding I forgot to put up earlier for good measure):

Thanks again for all the feedback and suggestions! :icon_thumright:

Thanks!

It's super smooth playing, perfect intonation within .1 cents, probably the most comfortable neck profile and radius I've encountered, and is tied for most fluid and stable vibrato.  The finish turned out a bit shinier than I was initially anticipating but feels great now that it's 100% cured and overall I'm pretty pleased w/ the look. 

Sound of the Fralin by itself is a great vintage tele twang and squawk w/ progressively more hair and beef as you roll in the P90 and has really great articulation and sensitivity to picking dynamics and muting.  Although the output on the dogear is noticeably higher, the Lollar and the Fralin blend really well together.  This P90 by itself w/ the treble bleed and tone stack is one of the most versatile pickups I've tried, kinda takes the best of what I've come to expect of neck and bridge sounds and rolls them into one and can go from super aggressive and/or huge to delicate and/or chimey w/ a couple twists of the knobs and modulation of the picking.  I'll try to get some clips once I manage to get one of my interfaces back.

Back