EBay Flying V - $620 for SS Frets?

Lucky #7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Epiphone-Epi-Flying-V-Korina-Upgrades-Voodoo_W0QQitemZ330269838741QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330269838741&_trkparms=72%3A1163|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Seems like he got jobbed if he paid that much.  He claims to have a receipt to prove his idiocy.  Maybe I'm missing something that would make the bill that high.

owned1.jpg

Serious, hate those screwers....

He went through a lot of money and time to polish a turd that won't sell for even as much as the "upgrades" cost.

He should keep it.  Sounds like he loves it and he's not going to get very much.

Yep.  Either he's lying, or he got screwed.  That said, there's a reputable repair shop in Minneapolis that charges between $475 and $550 for a stainless steel refret. 

ironfist said:
Yep.  Either he's lying, or he got screwed.  That said, there's a reputable repair shop in Minneapolis that charges between $475 and $550 for a stainless steel refret. 

Give them Molotov Cocktail for gift  :toothy12:

Just goes to show that it is a statistical fact that 50% of people are below average intelligence.

My guess is he's aiming the advertisement at people who don't know how much it actually costs to put in SS frets, so they feel like they're getting

THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME!

What a douche.

DocNrock said:
Just goes to show that it is a statistical fact that 50% of people are below average intelligence.
:doh:, I would shoot for a range of more like 75%...Or it's just that 75% of the 50% are in managment where I work... I bet this guy's a stupervisor where he works... :laughing11:

Creepies said:
My guess is he's aiming the advertisement at people who don't know how much it actually costs to put in SS frets, so they feel like they're getting

THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME!

What a douche.
Agreed, sounds like he's aiming this towards the % of people that are dumber than he is... Hell, you can get a whole badass neck made by the "W" for way less than 6 fiddy... :doh:

Back