Drilling holes...

T.L.

I noticed that Warmoth will pre-drill the holes in the body and/or neck, or leave them blank per the customer's request. My question is; will Warmoth drill the body heal for an ESP neck plate if I request it? Basically, only one hole is in a different location from a standard 4-bolt neck plate...

dont think they will do that...ask for no holes and drill them yourself. Or you could have DangerousR6 make you a custom neckplate and have the standard holes pre-drilled.

Brian

Well if that's the case, I wonder if they will drill 3 for me in the standard location, and omit one, which I should be able to drill myself...

T.L. said:
I noticed that Warmoth will pre-drill the holes in the body and/or neck, or leave them blank per the customer's request. My question is; will Warmoth drill the body heal for an ESP neck plate if I request it? Basically, only one hole is in a different location from a standard 4-bolt neck plate...
What's so special about the ESP neck plate, that you gotta have that plate? :icon_scratch:

No kidding. I know, we are, by nature, an obsessive pack of Bozo's, but that's an odd thing to obsess about.

Because of the shape. It allows for beveling the corner of a standard squared-off neck heel.

Yeah, I can't stand ESP either, which is why I want to build a Warmoth. They want $4000 to  build what I want, which is a total rip-off for a simple, "super-strat" type of guitar with a 'Soloist' shape body. I have an extra ESP neck plate, which is angled so that I can have the ESP-style angle on the corner of the heel. The Fender HM "Strat" from the '80s had the exact same type of bevel and neck plate. I like it better than the optional  "contoured heel" of the Jackson/Warmoth Soloist body.

I own an ESP, and I am not impressed with the quality versus the price. I really just like the look of it. They (ESP) are really full of themselves, and really care only about celebrities who endorse them or have guitars custom-built by them.

So should I call Warmoth and ask if they will drill only 3 of the 4 holes for me? I figured I'd ask here first, just in case someone knows...

T.L. said:
Because of the shape. It allows for beveling the corner of a standard squared-off neck heel.

Yeah, I can't stand ESP either, which is why I want to build a Warmoth. They want $4000 to  build what I want, which is a total rip-off for a simple, "super-strat" type of guitar with a 'Soloist' shape body. I have an extra ESP neck plate, which is angled so that I can have the ESP-style angle on the corner of the heel. The Fender HM "Strat" from the '80s had the exact same type of bevel and neck plate. I like it better than the optional  "contoured heel" of the Jackson/Warmoth Soloist body.

I own an ESP, and I am not impressed with the quality versus the price. I really just like the look of it. They (ESP) are really full of themselves, and really care only about celebrities who endorse them or have guitars custom-built by them.

So should I call Warmoth and ask if they will drill only 3 of the 4 holes for me? I figured I'd ask here first, just in case someone knows...
My guess is they are going to tell you just to omit the holes in the body and neck and let you do it yourself..... :dontknow:
Because more than likely the hole pattern is in the cnc program for the neck and the body. And just doing 3 holes would mean an adjustment to the program, rather than just leaving the hole program out. In other words, it's probably easier for them to omit the hole program than it is to reprogram it to just drill 3 holes....

If it's something like this that you're think you CANNOT ask for a Warmoth Pro neck... only vintage modern and total vintage...

fender_cont_heel.jpg

As far as I know they won't drill it, but you'd better talk with the guys... here he are going only to guess

NonsenseTele said:
If it's something like this that you're think you CANNOT ask for a Warmoth Pro neck... only vintage modern and total vintage...

fender_cont_heel.jpg

As far as I know they won't drill it, but you'd better talk with the guys... here he are going only to guess
Good point Nonsense I had forgot about that...

Well, I'll ask them. I want a Vintage Modern neck (Strat headstock) on a Soloist body...

Back