Does this look authentic?

Fumblefinger

Not having much Warmoth history knowledge, I'm appealing to those here with more background. Does this heel look authentic? The quote marks are different than mine and the screw holes aren't countersunk. But I didn't know if this was the way things were done in the past.

Attachments

• Warmoth Heel.jpg
    Warmoth Heel.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 215
I can't tell, but I'm not sure what difference it makes. It's either a good neck or it's not. I've never heard of anyone wanting to counterfeit such a thing. Although there are some older designs in the wild, as far as I know there's no such thing as a "vintage" or "collectible" market for Warmoth parts. In fact, I've sometimes suspected the reason they burn in their marque is prevent their parts from being used in such a way for Fender or other mfr's instruments.

Cagey said:
I can't tell, but I'm not sure what difference it makes. It's either a good neck or it's not. I've never heard of anyone wanting to counterfeit such a thing. Although there are some older designs in the wild, as far as I know there's no such thing as a "vintage" or "collectible" market for Warmoth parts. In fact, I've sometimes suspected the reason they burn in their marque is prevent their parts from being used in such a way for Fender or other mfr's instruments.

Yes, indeed. In fact, the exact dimensions - including depth -  of the letters and marks is spelled out as a requirement in our license agreement. The idea is to make them deep enough that their removal will significantly alter functionality/compatibility.

Back