Coffee – my “Superstrat with a twist” build and lessons learned

With the new radius choices of Schaller, I think they should have also offered an 18" option. The difference between 16 and 18” is not massive, so either would probably work. As you will have shims, you can adjust if you need to.

the only things that are missing are the neck and the body
My early-March order with a LamTop and dye finish just shipped, two days shy of 20 weeks, so your late March order should be getting close. I think there have been some other posters ordering finished custom bodies that have been about 20 weeks too, so that’s what I would estimate for the finished-body-timeline.

Thanx @mycroftxxx and @Rick for the support! I am not complaining, and as I have been learning songs with my ”old” guitar I have been able to focus on that instead of tweaking sounds for the new guitar. So this timing is actually good.

And great to hear that your @mycroftxxx guitar has shipped! Looking forward to reading about your thoughts on it!

With the new radius choices of Schaller, I think they should have also offered an 18" option. The difference between 16 and 18” is not massive, so either would probably work. As you will have shims, you can adjust if you need to.
Agree. On the other hand I guess manufacturing different variations of a bridge is more expensive than doing the same for the locking nut. And as this whole ”any radius you want” is a fairly new thing for Schaller maybe they are still taking a look at the adoption of the new locking nuts. I don’t know?

Agree. On the other hand I guess manufacturing different variations of a bridge is more expensive than doing the same for the locking nut. And as this whole ”any radius you want” is a fairly new thing for Schaller maybe they are still taking a look at the adoption of the new locking nuts. I don’t know?

But that is the point, they are now offering radius options for the Lockmeister bridge in addition to the nut. But the bridge does not offer 18" as an option which is the ideal for a 10 - 16" compound neck.

1690008633076.png

Quick update:
It was good timing when it comes to the hardware, because last night I received a message from Warmoth that my neck and body has been shipped! And checking with UPS it says they will be delivered to me tomorrow!
As I ordered on March 22 and the "has been shipped" message was sent on July 26, the order-to-shipped time was 4 months. I was actually expecting it to take even longer, so a nice surprise!

Back