Does the TOM/STP bridge suppose to have a ground wire to it?

Joe1166

I bought a diamondback body that has the TOM/STP bridge rout and I installed the bridge studs without even thinking about the grounding wire. Is there a hole for a grounding wire to one of the bridge studs and if so which stud does Warmoth use as the grounding wire stud? I cannot see a hole in the control cavity that would lead to either of the bridge studs. The only hole in the control cavity that I can see is the humbucker wire hole.

There is SUPPOSED to be a ground wire/hole, though it's possible that they forgot it.

Have you put in the tailpiece studs yet? If not you could drill a hole from one of them for the ground wire.

Well ... On my vip body with a wrap around bridge the hole was there.  With the studs installed you can't see the hole.

ragamuffin said:
There is SUPPOSED to be a ground wire/hole, though it's possible that they forgot it.

Have you put in the tailpiece studs yet? If not you could drill a hole from one of them for the ground wire.

The hole for the grounding wire to bridge might be the same one that that the humbucker wires come out of(it might be in the hole?). Does anyone know which stud of a TOM/STP bridge that warmoth drills for a grounding wire? I want to avoid pulling the stud that does not have the grounding wire hole. Does anyone know which stud gibson guitars uses for the grounding wire hole?

I found the hole and it is in the saddle stud hole and comes out the humbucker wire holes. Sorry to bother people.

Back