Does Duncan Trembuckers come with pickup rings?

Mapleg4

Just noticed that in some online music shops they have pics of Duncan Trembuckers where they were shown with pickup rings. Do they come with them, as I read here earlier that Trembuckers/F-Spaced Humbuckers don't fit into an ordinary pickup ring.

AutoBat said:
the overall width is the same, it's the pole pieces that are different
+1 you should not need special rings. Also my seymour duncans did not come with them when I bought my JB/Jazz set, but it's not like they are hard to come by. Get them with your Warmoth order, or your next set of strings online, or when you visit a music store. I've seen them just about everywhere.

All the Duncans I have bought came with pickup rings. Interestingly, the Dimarzio Tone Zone I recently got did not come with a pickup ring.

The only Duncans that I've bought that came with rings were Dimebuckers. I've bought 7 other Duncans brand new and none came with rings. I've recently bought 2 new DiMarzios and those didn't come with rings either.  :dontknow:

pabloman said:
The only Duncans that I've bought that came with rings were Dimebuckers. I've bought 7 other Duncans brand new and none came with rings. I've recently bought 2 new DiMarzios and those didn't come with rings either.  :dontknow:

My Phat Cat came with a ring.  Methinks there's some inconsistency at work in Duncan-vania.

I looked at pics of Trembuckers on E-Bay and all the packages I saw showed them with pickup rings.

I would guess that most new pickups don't come with a ring from the manufacturer, but the vendor may choose to include one. None of the pickups I have ever bought came with the ring, though they did come with screws and springs.

Most pickups sold to the public (rather than to guitar companies) are intended as replacements - so you would presumably have the ring from your old pickup and wouldn't need a new one. In addition, some guitars need taller rings, they can be slanted or flat, and they are different colours/materials, so there's a good chance that if a ring was included with the pickup it would be the wrong type.

As I told you, I've seen pics on Ebay where there's a pickup ring included in the Trembucker packages.  :icon_scratch:

!B1+h2o!CWk~$%28KGrHqJ,!igE%29q2KO7ocBMgu,uyk%28g~~_12.JPG

Back