Does an L5S fit in a gig bag?

David

Hello my friends.  I want to build an L5S with a 25 1/2" scale neck.  Will this fit in a typical gig bag or will it be too long or wide?  It is hard to tell how big the L5S is from the pictures.

Thank you!

Jack told us that you'll need a 335 case to fit it, but will need a towell to fit it perfect, not sure if above or in the side of the guitar!
Hope it helps!

I was hoping that the typical gig bag / soft case would be flexible enough to hold it.  And it is cheaper than the ES335 hard case.  I was wondering if anyone had tried it.

I've only seen a few gig bags that are of any quality and can stand up to a bashing, most of then are more expensive than a universal case. A hard case would be good unless you're stuffing your gigbag full of pillows and stuff. Should fit fine if it's anything bigger than a strat gig bag.

It would have to be a gig bag wide enough to fit an ES335. An L5S will not fit in a typical LP/Strat gig bag, I have "standard" ones as sold by the defunct MARS music and Guitar Center and they won't zip shut across the bottom of the body, if that answers your question.

Back