Do All Nuts on Warmoth Necks Come Pre-Slotted?

The nuts are cut by a CNC, I think, and the slots are pretty much the same from one to the next because the computer and mill make it that way. And as Tburst says, they err on the side of leaving more material rather than less.

It’s not a material issue, it’s just how deep you cut it. For the warmoth nut cutting is fine ... for me ...no changes. Only fret dressing.

Last edited:
3 out of 3 precut nuts I received were super high, and had way too much material left on top resulting in deep slots. Very safe.
Nothing sandpaper and some extra time couldn't fix. I tweak both anyway, so it was just a matter of needing alot more time to complete the job.

The radius was good on all of them though.

I guess it's not that big of a deal if I keep ordering them, right?

Every Warmoth nut is cut very high in my experience. They need filing to get a reasonable setup. I think it should be obvious, but I am not sure if Warmoth go to great length to explain this.

Information on nuts is here.

The ones I have had from Warmoth, would be reasonably playable but as with frets if you want the option to dial things further in there is enough height left in the slots to do so.

Back