Did I buy some firewood from Ebay

m165

Got this Strat body on ebay, listed as a MIJ Fender basswood body, I intended it to go with a Warmoth neck I already had, thing is it fits perfectly with the neck, dont know too much about wood but this doesnt look right, certainly does not look solid, was not too expensive so no big loss.  Anybody got any info on what this could possibly be made of ?

It's definately plywood.....I am an expert(not really)......Been there done that..... :binkybaby:

Looks a lot like what my old Ibanez Iceman looked like. The neck pocket eventually started to separate and I couldn't keep the guitar in tune anymore. Of course I used to bend the hell out of the neck, so that didn't help. ;) But yeah looks like plywood to me.

Should I expct some fine tones from this fine piece then :laughing7:  Thanks for the info.  

The good news is I jsut got message from UPS saying my new warmoth parts have been shipped.

m165 said:
Should I expct some fine tones from this fine piece then :laughing7:  Thanks for the info. 

The good news is I jsut got message from UPS saying my new warmoth parts have been shipped.
It should sound like the walls of your house....... :laughing7:

Stone walls and the grass is green, at my house. Not a sound to be heard. :guitarplayer2:

m165 said:
Stone walls and the grass is green, at my house. Not a sound to be heard. :guitarplayer2:
Well there's plywood under the stone, or it may sound like sheetrock....... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
m165 said:
Well there's plywood under the stone, or it may sound like sheetrock....... :laughing11:

A sheetrock guitar, you say?  What would "Rojo" say about that?

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
m165 said:

A sheetrock guitar, you say?  What would "Rojo" say about that?

"squaaak.......sounds like shite.....squaaaaaaaak"..... (whistle).:laughing11:

Back