Did I buy some firewood from Ebay

Try sanding it down a little deeper.  Perhaps the marks that make it look like plywood are actually the "tool marks" from the router bit that cut out the cavity.  I know that the cavity on my swamp ash strat kinda looks like that, but I'm pretty sure its not plywood.

RK

red king said:
Try sanding it down a little deeper.  Perhaps the marks that make it look like plywood are actually the "tool marks" from the router bit that cut out the cavity.  I know that the cavity on my swamp ash strat kinda looks like that, but I'm pretty sure its not plywood.

RK

I was thinking that too - and I could see something like that on my basswood star - - but in other spots it's clear that it's solid wood. In the pickup routes yyou can see the grain. I guess this could be a little different

Looks like plywood to me...but that said - I knew a fella that had a body just like that he slapped together, and it worked and sounded fine (according to him). What do you have to loose? Slap it together and see what you have. Worst scenario is you waste a little time with it...

yeah I might try it and see, a search on the net finds lots of people happily using this type of body :icon_scratch:, thing is I dont have a neck to go on it yet, only tried it for size with one of the necks from a completed earlier Warmoth build, it seemed to fit perfectly.

Back