Jolly Rodger finished

I sprayed over my gold flake as I hope to make this one a dedicated skiffle guitar.

Ok this is just a mock up as I have clear coating yet to do. Wondering about painting headstock to match, or black, or leave as is.

Attachments

• Yorrick body crap resolution.jpg
    Yorrick body crap resolution.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 21
  • Yorrick Full crap resolution.jpg
    Yorrick Full crap resolution.jpg
    997.1 KB · Views: 27
Any of those choices would look good, but I think I'd make it black to go with the guard.

Last edited:
Any plus as is would work but the fancy thing would be to match the paint, second black, then as is.

i suggest putting the neck aside for another projedt and get another neck with skull and crossbone inlays

Finished, not fully set up/intonated etc. but you get the idea. I gotta stop for today. Raining out so quick pics for now. Carvin USA Alder body, Warmoth modern 24 3/4th scale conversion neck with "59" profile. Wilde/Bill Lawrence pickups XL-500 and L-48S neck. Kluson 2/116 stainless extra thick plate bridge, Diaddario elliptical strap buttons, cloth wiring, switchcraft 3way switch, CTS 1 meg pots, sprauge orange drop cap, Wilkenson tuners. And BaBOOOOOOOM! Have not yet even played it.

Jolly Rodger low res.jpg

Handsome work, Spud. Well done.

There's something about the Carvin strat body - it seems just a tad pointier in the upper horn than your bog-standard Fender item, to me. I like it. Used to have one, let it go... alas.

Wilde/Bill Lawrence pickups XL-500 and…
Hey Spud! On the Wilde XL-500’s: Are these easily possible to wood mount these? They look deeper than a regular hummer. I can’t find anywhere, the physical dimensions of these pups. I haven’t tried contacting Warmoth yet.

Hey Spud! On the Wilde XL-500’s: Are these easily possible to wood mount these? They look deeper than a regular hummer. I can’t find anywhere, the physical dimensions of these pups. I haven’t tried contacting Warmoth yet.
I believe you could I don't think thy are any deeper, but, I have not tried it before.

I decided the fretboard decals were cheesy and went a simpler direction. Strings still loose so I can poly over paint when cured.

Attachments

• The Don mod!.jpg
    The Don mod!.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 18
Back