DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 IS BACK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not my fault you play left handed guitar and have bad taste in music. also, they were just links on other forums. didn't mean to embed them. also, I'm gonna point to you reinhold's most recent post. and this isn't "kinda huge", this is a bigger surprise to me than Mr. Big getting back together. this is massive. especially since I've always thought their music would be on the sountrack to a fight, I think it's hilarious that it's responsible for just about starting full out riot.

If I may intercede, you really just have to take this stuff with a grain of salt hachikid. They don't like the music, so just like everyone else in the world (including myself), if they don't like it, then its the worst thing in the world. At this point people are just getting a rise out of you getting so worked up about it. I would just let it be.

New music in any form will always bring out the haters. The sooner the OP accepts that, the sooner we can avoid threads like this.

I have to agree with AprioriMark here - I'm not a fan. Nothing new, substantial, or inspiring going on musically or otherwise, not even the riot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music_riot

I am occasionally fond of obnoxious douchbaggery-like qualities in a band, but these guys just don't pull it off for me.

"New music in any form will always bring out the haters."

Not necessarily, but BAD music always will, whether it's new or not...

The reason I never posted here was because I knew I had nothing nice to say about this band :icon_biggrin: but seeing how this thread is headed I will try to say something positive.

He does have a nice Ric. That's about the only thing I'm a fan of though.

hachikid said:
you guys are missing the point. whatever, be douches.

That they started a riot? I skipped through the "riot" videos and saw a whole bunch of standing around. The music parts were just noise and the riot parts were boring.

Okay, so it's Noise Punk.  Fine.  Awesome that they got to SXSW 2011, hat's off.

But, what's so impressive about a "riot" or having the cops shut you down?  They had too many people in an alley.  That's a pretty lame reason to get shut down by the police.

I guess if they were better they would play a bigger place in Austin that wouldn't cause a traffic problem.
:toothy11:

So, this isn't to my tastes, but I think a lot of the problem is the videos you posted. I listened to a bit of their studio stuff, and it's much more listenable, even if I'm still not really a fan.

GearBoxTy: you mean like the sold out Coachella Festival? or what about the sold out Donaufestival in Krems, Austria? or maybe the sold out Sasquatch Festival in Seattle, WA? or any of the other festivals they're headlining that they've announced? SXSW was just a secret primer show for fun. they were surprise announced for Coachella earlier in the year, in which is promptly sold out quickly after. and it's Dance Punk. what sold out music festivals have you played?

http://deathfromabove1979.com/shows/

I suppose their studio stuff is better. it took me a minute to like their live stuff, I guess. there's just so much more energy in their live stuff, though. I like it.

ah yea, always always. still doesn't account for the people in charge of running the festivals thinking they're worthy enough to be a headlining act. just saying.

hachikid said:
GearBoxTy: you mean like the sold out Coachella Festival? or what about the sold out Donaufestival in Krems, Austria? or maybe the sold out Sasquatch Festival in Seattle, WA? or any of the other festivals they're headlining that they've announced? SXSW was just a secret primer show for fun. they were surprise announced for Coachella earlier in the year, in which is promptly sold out quickly after. and it's Dance Punk. what sold out music festivals have you played?

http://deathfromabove1979.com/shows/

I suppose their studio stuff is better. it took me a minute to like their live stuff, I guess. there's just so much more energy in their live stuff, though. I like it.

Just because a concert sells out doesn't mean it's any good.
How many Bieber concerts have sold out so far? :sad:

Also, your argument is a logical fallacy.
(I can't remember the name for it. Person A defending position X by attacking person B for not having qualities of position X.)

I'm not getting into this argument anymore. I was arguing against specifically him with his own logic.

if someone has nothing good to say about DFA79, stay the frick out of the thread. ok? not my fault you have too conservative tastes in music(that wasn't supposed to be "frick")

don't respond to this, don't be a smartass about anything. if you're just going to be a jerk off, leave and go troll somewhere else. I don't care what you have to say on the subject. I'll troll in your threads for 4 pages and see how you like it. sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back