Dark Side of the Moon Strat and Family Portrait

Wizard of Wailing

Earlier this year, I was feeling perfectly satisfied with my 7 Warmoth strats and I was totally out of ideas.  Then in March I went to the first sizeable concert I've been to in the 21st century.  Brit Floyd came to Iowa and I went with my wife and daughter.  Unfortunately, we left before the encore due to a huge marijuana cloud that wafted up to the balcony and bothered my daughter (she doesn't like school, so no surprise her favorite song was "Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2"). 
      Anyway, the lead singer/guitarist at one point was playing this awesome looking Storm Thorgerson designed Dark Side of the Moon strat.  So inspiration hit.  I can't make anything as intricate as that guitar, but I can do a poor-man's version of it, and here it is.

Body: Alder Black Gloss
        SuperVee Bladerunner two post tremolo
        Warmoth Black Matte Pickguard spray painted with mixture of Blue Gloss and Light Black
        Anotone red and purple volume and tone knobs with Series/Parallel and In/Out Phase options
        Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge
        Bare Knuckle RWRP Slowhand in middle
        Bare Knuckle Slowhand in neck

Neck: 25 1/2 Goncalo Alves with Ebony fretboard and SS 6105 frets
        9.5" radius
        Clapton profile
        LSR Roller Nut
        Azurite Malachite Inlays
        Sperzel Locking Tuners:  Red-Pink-Gold-Green-Blue-Purple (Sprezel doesn't have orange so I used pink on
          the A string).

Attachments

• New guitar close up.JPG
    New guitar close up.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 593
  • All guitars for now.jpg
    All guitars for now.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 670
  • Best new guitar shot.jpg
    Best new guitar shot.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 726
    Now that I look at that picture of all 8 guitars I can see that one more resting on the floor, between the black and daphne blue on the couch, would bring a perfect symmetry to that photo. I'm thinking a graffiti yellow strat might be next...

I believe you're right. One more is needed to bring balance  :laughing7: Love it brotha. Nice collection.

Back