D-tuner fit

S

swarfrat

Anyone with experience with the Hipshot D-tuner (or other similar product) - looking at pictures it's not clear to me if it would fit in any position except the lowest string. I play parallel fourths almost exclusively, and have for a couple years. I was wondering if two would fit on the 1st and 2nd strings - but that lever appears to stick out quite a bit. 

We're going to need some details here. Is this for a guitar, or a bass? And what headstock?

Guitar, strat headstock. GFS  locking tuners (sperzel copy).  Wanting to put it on the B/E strings to raise them to c/f. Bridge is a.Wilky VS100, so that limits options at that end. was just an idea, one i think needs to be designed in from the getgo.

Hmmm.  You might be better off with scruggs tuners (for banjo).  I know they will fit - Marty Stuart has a couple on his telecaster in strange places.

Keith runs about $230 for 2. Schaller makes a banjo d-tuner that's about $130 for a pair in gold.  Hmm, will have to think this over. Actually.. floating trim kinda nixes the whole deal. (And I've really only got it floating because I hate the thunk when you let go of a non-floating trem.)

S23G.jpg

Interesting... I might consider these in the future for a hardtail.

Sorta - I'm not absolutely sure how it works, but they're d-tuners. You tune it up to one pitch, activate the gizmo (on the Hipshot guitar tuners it's a lever), and the knob is to tune the alternate tuning.  At least that's how I understand it works. So you can rapidly switch tunings (assuming you don't have a floating trem.)

Back