Cut My First Body

ocguy106

Well finally cut my first body. I already ordered a neck. I will be putting this together in the coming  weeks in an effort to finalize my cut files. I already see a couple changes I will make and once I have all the parts and know where there located I can make final adjustments to those areas as well. As it sits I got most of the size and placement info off the web and nothing was hands on practical so I assume there will be a lot of tinkering to get things just right for the real thing. Body is MDF and the top is ????? I laminated strips and planed it down to .25 inches. anyone have a guess as to the cap wood.

Attachments

• 20170701_123914.jpg
    20170701_123914.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 20170701_124109.jpg
    20170701_124109.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 280
That's pretty cool looking. I like the sound holes. MDF should make a hefty body, even with the chambering.

Very cleanly done. What's the slot between the 2 pot holes?

Top looks like bamboo to me.

That's pretty damn cool... :headbang:

Have you gotten into any 3D programming yet? you'll need it when and if you move on to contours... :laughing7:

yup it is bamboo. I have a bunch of solid bamboo flooring and nothing to do with it. as for the slot....thats what happens when you get excited to make your first cut and forget to check your tool dept. but since this isn't the real thing no big deal.

Doug I am working on 3d now going to be purchasing Rhino soon but till then I figure a tele can all be done in 2.5d

ocguy106 said:
yup it is bamboo. I have a bunch of solid bamboo flooring and nothing to do with it. as for the slot....thats what happens when you get excited to make your first cut and forget to check your tool dept. but since this isn't the real thing no big deal.

Doug I am working on 3d now going to be purchasing Rhino soon but till then I figure a tele can all be done in 2.5d
You might look into Fusion 360, it's free for hobbyists if you create an account with Autodesk. It's an extremely powerful software, it is like all the best softwares rolled into one, plus it has the cam built in. I use many types of software, SolidWorks, Mastercam, Surfcam, TurboCad, and Fusion is just as good as any of those high dollar Cad/Cam programs.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7Nm0ygaow[/youtube]

Back