Custom neckplate

Doug did a gold neck plate for me a decade or so ago. (Ouch, really? A decade?)

Well,

There are a few threads around here that deal with installing threaded inserts for your neck.  I do it on all mine and it's not terribly hard.

As for the turtle on a gold neck plate, Doug is your man!!

Mayfly said:
Well,

There are a few threads around here that deal with installing threaded inserts for your neck.  I do it on all mine and it's not terribly hard.

I wouldn't be doing it, so that's no problem. My warmoth is over 25 years old, and my eyes aren't what they used to be. I was just worried that maybe the screws wouldn't be the same as the bolts so there might be a problem with spacing on the neck plate.

Belch said:
Mayfly said:
Well,

I wouldn't be doing it, so that's no problem. My warmoth is over 25 years old, and my eyes aren't what they used to be. I was just worried that maybe the screws wouldn't be the same as the bolts so there might be a problem with spacing on the neck plate.
As long as you install the threaded inserts in the existing hole pattern, the standard Fender neck plate will fit no problem. And a gold neck plate with the turtle is possible. :icon_thumright:

swarfrat said:
Doug did a gold neck plate for me a decade or so ago. (Ouch, really? A decade?)
wow, has it really been ten years...That's so crazy, doesn't seem that long ago.... :doh:

As long as you install the threaded inserts in the existing hole pattern, the standard Fender neck plate will fit no problem. And a gold neck plate with the turtle is possible. :icon_thumright:

I'd love to get into more specifics, like how much and do you ship to Japan, but the link to your facebook page isn't working.

Belch said:

I'd love to get into more specifics, like how much and do you ship to Japan, but the link to your facebook page isn't working.
You can pm me here on the forum, or you can email me crash92@argontech.net  I guess that FB link is old, my page is still there..https://www.facebook.com/dougscustom.neckplates

DangerousR6 said:
guitlouie said:
That is totally cool!  The background on that one there is sweet. I think you would have a pretty big pool of customers right here should you decide to sell those things.  I'd sure consider sending you a design, should the price be right!!!
Yea, I could do some, if people were interested. I'm not sure what everybodies "right price" is. But as a general price range from what I've seen $30-$50 depending on the design plus the cost of the plate, unless you have your own plate. I don't know what do ya'll think? :dontknow:

In my opinion, I think that's totally reasonable considering the craftsmanship and your time/labor. I know there'll be the naysayers who'll whine about it because ThEy CaN gEt SoMeThInG oN aMaZoN fOr $10.  To which I say "be our guest."

I think I'll be hitting you up for a future build that I have in mind.

NedRyerson said:
DangerousR6 said:
guitlouie said:
That is totally cool!  The background on that one there is sweet. I think you would have a pretty big pool of customers right here should you decide to sell those things.  I'd sure consider sending you a design, should the price be right!!!
Yea, I could do some, if people were interested. I'm not sure what everybodies "right price" is. But as a general price range from what I've seen $30-$50 depending on the design plus the cost of the plate, unless you have your own plate. I don't know what do ya'll think? :dontknow:

In my opinion, I think that's totally reasonable considering the craftsmanship and your time/labor. I know there'll be the naysayers who'll whine about it because ThEy CaN gEt SoMeThInG oN aMaZoN fOr $10.  To which I say "be our guest."

I think I'll be hitting you up for a future build that I have in mind.
Exactly, I get people all the time who freak out when I tell them my price. But they don't realize the time and skill that's needed from taking their design and putting it in cad and then being able to machine that idea into a plate.

Be glad to do a plate for you, just hit me up. :icon_thumright:

I need to come up with a guitar to go with my son's drawing of Smaug. This is a major victory: this kid hates anything to do with pencils.
index.php

That's not Smaug's private parts - it's his bare spot where Bard the Bowman shot him. Hmmm same difference I suppose.

Attachments

• 2020-12-08-Smaug-1.png
    2020-12-08-Smaug-1.png
    811.6 KB · Views: 257
I also didn't realize I necro-quoted a post from 13 years ago. Oops.

At least you're still here!  I'm sure people have been quoting and PMing me on other forums where I posted in 2004, 2005, etc. and puzzled why I'm not responding....!

NedRyerson said:

At least you're still here!  I'm sure people have been quoting and PMing me on other forums where I posted in 2004, 2005, etc. and puzzled why I'm not responding....!
I'm still here.... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
NedRyerson said:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A[/youtube].................................... :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:
NedRyerson said:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A[/youtube].................................... :icon_thumright:
:laughing11:

So for all you Jazzmaster and Jaguar guys...

I just made a Jazz/Jag bridge out of brass. Not just the base plate but the string anchor too... :laughing7:
51016907013_ea76034b0d_b.jpg

That is good.  Got me thinking about a 12 string jazzmaster ... Using a jazzmaster bridge

Back