Custom Neck Plates

Plate 1 or Plate 2 is your favorite

• Shell

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Turtle

Votes: 45 64.3%

• Total voters
I dabble in marketing and advertising andI absolutely love  j_fountain2s idea. It's classy and professional looking, has a place to personalize it with either a name of owner, name of guitar, ser# being date made, or bday of owner, any number of things. If it changes hands, buy a new plate and change it. Kudos fountain, I hope the powers to be pick something like yours.

Sir Schmoopie said:
yes and a half, no yes and three quarters,  double yes!

I half heartedly agree, no I three quarteredly half heartedly agree, I think I'm fractionally changing my mind again...(half reluctantly!!) :dontknow:

Ah, willyk, nice one! Wow, great idea. I have samples of the first two coming, but you may just have IT there! Thanks for the idea. If anyone else has cool graphic ideas, NOW is definately the time to come forward with it!

I like the first one better because it is more simple to me.  But, I agree with the many that have already said they would want something with the just the logo and Made in...  I like WillyK's too.

willyk said:
Sir Schmoopie said:
yes and a half, no yes and three quarters,  double yes!

I half heartedly agree, no I three quarteredly half heartedly agree, I think I'm fractionally changing my mind again...(half reluctantly!!) :dontknow:

you know what they say, 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions.

[/quote]

you know what they say, 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions.
[/quote]

I'm in the top 200% of one of those categories :doh:

Sir Schmoopie said:
what a good looking statement,  60% of the time it looks good all the time.

What about the other half? Without 104% qualification your argument is worth three fifths of five eights of f$##k all !!!!

Theres a dealer on Ebay that laser cuts plates with whatever design you want. I was thinking of getting a Warmoth one done long before I found this thread. If official ones are coming i'll sit back and wait.

If you live in a town of any size there's typically a "trophy" shop or printing shop that does metal engraving; check your Yellow Pages under "Engraving". I get my neck plates number serialized with a "Made in U.S.A." script for $4.50 ea. If you want a design there's usually a one time setup fee; they'll save the art setup and later dupes are pretty reasonable. Could save yourself shipping both ways and it's a lot less hassle if there's a mistake made.

I was never a huge fan of the classic turtle logo, but have grown to like it over the years... probably because Warmoth products are so good.     Still, I think they should "modernize" the logo & come out with a new, hipper tortoise...

MFTech said:
I was never a huge fan of the classic turtle logo, but have grown to like it over the years... probably because the necks are so good.     Still, I think they should "modernize" our friend & come out with a new, hipper tortoise...

Yeah, the new, improved, hip-hopping, break-dancing Colonel Sanders is a HUGE improvement over the original...

:tard:

There should be two neck plate options; I vote for the turtle AND willyk's or very similar. An old-school turtle for those who dig it and something more 'subdued' for those with caviar and Bordeaux tastes. It can't be that much harder to stock two custom neck plates than it is to stock one.

While we're talking about W suggestions, how about doubling (or more) the number of bridge routing options? I'd like to see Hipshot's products supported as well as a real traditional wraparound stoptail, for starters, even if W isn't going to stock the parts.

Just thought I would throw this website out there that i found.  I didn't feeel like reading through this whole topic so I don't know if somebody has already mentioned it.

http://guitarplates.com/

Back