Custom GD Gold Top

How you liking the VHII? I think they're a little too bright, don't know... only listened to clips...

It's looking really cool!!!!

The VHII is very bright - but it's just what that guitar needed. I really like it. :icon_thumright:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I thought DiMarzio had cornered the market on Cream p'ups.

just saw this

they have but for some reason Bare Knuckle can get away with it... and SD used to let them slip out in covered versions - that's what my '78 was. They've cracked down on that now I hear. You can't even ask the custom shop to make you one. I think now the only way to get a SD double cream (other than an old one from someone) is to buy 2 pickups, one zebra and one reverse zebra and make your own from that. Then you need to dump the black one. I think the DiMarzio trademark is really really stupid.

A trademark can run out if no longer in use by the one who trademarked it.  In DiMarzio's case, doesn't look to be anytime soon. 

The same way smells can't be patented, the formula can but the perception of what something smells like can't.  That's how knockoffs of cologne and perfume exist.  With colors of plastic, by merely changing one of the dyes a small amount, it would now be a different color to a chemical test, but not to your eyes.  UPS has trademarked that color Brown and Richard Petty has trademarked his color of Blue - that is the specific formula but not your perception of it.  Anyone else can make a near same color by altering the formula and be in the clear.  In other words, DiMarzio may have the Cream colored [humbucking] pickup market cornered, but not the Ivory, Off-White, or Vintage White colored pickup market.

Back