Custom Dome Knobs

NedRyerson

I see the knobs with the clear domes on top that have the American flag embedded in it, but does anyone know of any supplier that offers other countries in a dome knob?  Or can customize the image under the clear whatever-that-is (acrylic, glass, ???)?

Specifically, my coworker asked if I could build a custom bass for her husband as a surprise anniversary gift, and to be brief, I wanted to see if I could incorporate a portion of a country's flag somewhere on the instrument without being too obnoxious.

Not as worried about price right now, because if such a source doesn't even exist, then why bother? :)

I have not come across such a thing. It does not mean it doesn't exist, but it might be difficult to find.

I sometimes make custom knobs for customers of boutique amps, so I'm sure I can make some if I see some pics.

Attachments

• 20200410_172324.jpg
    20200410_172324.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 20200414_165212.jpg
    20200414_165212.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 185
Steve St.Laurent said:
I got custom knobs for my tele from here:

http://www.thgknobs.com/

Pretty sure he can make anything you want.

Same, got a set of three ebony/maple knobs with luminlay green dots couple months ago:
LMTr8kn.jpg

Top notch quality, but you do pay for it obviously. You can find him on Etsy too.

Here's the ones on my telecaster: gloss ebony with a bloodwood dot inlay, he did the selector switch in ebony as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 171
Back