CUSTOM CASES (Also Known as "If I build a Lefty Iceman, where do I put it!?)

TJD said:
"inside-a-guitar-case-type-fabric"

It's called "muppet hide" <grin>

Muppets-evil-pic.jpg

No blood for guitar cases!

I know its a gig bag, but its padded, and my bass has come out of her's after one or two knocks unscathed, usually due to me not ducking down quite enough at the back door to the pub we practice in upstairs  :doh:

But here you go, it might fit a iceman, would need to check the size
http://store.gigskinz.com/dyn_prod.php?p=DGEG&k=126831

Cagey said:
You could buy a standard box-style flight case, then have the interior customized. That's what I would do. Takes away the major cost of building the case. In fact, if you want to go that route, I'd be happy to help out. I can't imagine it getting any pricier than about $350.

Yep, that would be my option. Purchase a case that is the right size, and then gut all the internals. With enough technical skills you could do this yourself. Its really just foam, felt, glue and wood.

SPRINKLES said:
Yep, I've started yet another Stupid Question thread! I apologize! (I swear I use the Search, I really do!)

what do you use or recommend?

when  It comes to hard cases for Oddly shaped Electric Guitars?

I recommend getting a custom case made by G&G.  I paid $300 for mine (2.5 years ago) and while yes, it was expensive, it's a top-notch case.

3 years ago I left a musicians yard sale with a hsc for a Carvin V shape that no one  wanted.(free to take home at end of day). It had a nick in the vinyl covering near the handle but the interior was excellent.
I put it on CL off & on for 2 years & couldn't get $25.00 out of it.
Last time I offered it, the guy thought 20 bucks was too much when he would have to re-due the inside to fit his guitar.
So I came home, pulled the lining loose on the body end, cut out some of the foam liner, re-arranged the lining to fit better, added some glue under the liner and in about 45 minutes I had a very servicable hard shell case for my parts drawer tele. If it didn't say Carvin on the front, most would believe it was a F made case designed for the guitar.

If it's important that everyone is impressed with your expensive case, this probably wouldn't work out for you, but if you just need a safe home for your guitar you might consider it.
:rock-on:
I should note that not only am I a skinflint, but shipping to me is VERY expensive. So it doubles the cost of a hsc bought new. NOBODY SHIPS FOR FREE TO ALASKA!

scootles said:
I need a good case for my Z-body. Either hard, or a GOOD soft case.

http://store.gigskinz.com/dyn_prod.php?p=DGEG&k=126831

Use the bass version for my Z bodied 5 string bass, and its done me well, It's nice and padded, either over the back strong straps, a hand holder for carrying by side and a seperate  shoulder strap for carrying over the shoulder, so very useful, and back straps can be zipped away when not in use, long with the shoulder strap can be detached.

Back