Custom Build w/Warmoth Truss Rod

whitebison66

Sorry to have been so absent lately; work and life realities have curbed my building endeavors a whole lot.

I hate to admit it, but about the only W-ness in this one is the truss rod.

But it was fun, and that's the object, isn't it?

http://www.alivenotdead.com/seantierney/Guitar-Project-Custom-Build-profile-2980349.html

Damn that looks like a really nice guitar. I wondered what happened to the old colours before you got to the paint effect part.

I wonder how well it would work with Blood Red, a Mid Purple and a Black. Not exactly the lightest of colours I know but I'm intrigued..... Plus another excuse to get a £100 kit bass.. Probably a MM style one this time  :evil4: :evil4:

I think the trick is to find the 'median' color (in my case, the white).

You can always try out some test pieces first to see what it looks like.

DO IT!!!

Haha very true, Think I definately will get some test board to try different combinations on. find the one I definately like etc.

What kind of paint was it you used? actual guitar paint or was it like car spray cans?
It's a bitch to find a solid purple colour guitar paint in UK. Closest I can find is a trasparent, When i'd really rather go full solid colours due to the look of the original guitars.

So much for my next full warmoth build with all these ideas  :evil4:

I used Pylox spray cans.

It might be more expensive, but you can check hobby/modeling shops for custom colors.

Ah right ok cool thanks for the suggestion, If I can locate pylox in the UK they seem to have 3 shades I think would work :D

Another approach for getting purple paint where the market supplies none (and I'm just spitballing here) might be to go to a well-stocked art supply house and get powdered pigments to mix with lacquer or some other sprayable medium.

Bagman67 said:
Another approach for getting purple paint where the market supplies none (and I'm just spitballing here) might be to go to a well-stocked art supply house and get powdered pigments to mix with lacquer or some other sprayable medium.

Thanks for the suggestion, Found a hobby range here from humbrol that says the paint works on wood, So will probably get a can each of the 3 i've seen from them, see if I can do that technique with them and also if they work ok with a clear coat over them.

Sorry for hijacking bison :/ . Unless it's not much of a hijack

I will like to nominate this thread title to "Thread Title of The Year Award"!  :icon_biggrin:

Great project and thanks for reviving Living Colour. I must give them a spin in iTunes when I'm back home.  :guitarplayer2:

SustainerPlayer said:
I will like to nominate this thread title to "Thread Title of The Year Award"!  :icon_biggrin:

+1!!!
Ha! Cool!! Looks like these weird Visual K mixed with a rainbown! :p

Back