Correct Bridge String Spacing for 1-7/8" (48mm) - Superwide

Hello. Ordering a 1-7/8" (48mm) nut width - "Superwide" neck from Warmoth. Would like to use F Space DiMarzio pickups (2.01" - 51.05mm) see pic below for reference. What is the ideal bridge string spacing, to best accommodate the F Spacing DiMarzio pickups and "Superwide" Warmoth neck? We have individual bridges and headpieces, so we can accommodate any bridge string spacing. Scale length will be 25.5", the Warmoth nut string spread is 1.587” (40.3098 mm) from centers of outside strings. Any help would be appreciated! -Karl

dimarzio f space pickups.JPG

Best thing to do is string your neck up and measure. I'll have to look at the string spacing on my superwide. But I solved any worries by going with Railhammers. When you say "We" do you work for Dimarzio? By the way, I've found the magnetic field on humbuckers to be big enough to not have to worry about f spacing, at least with 1 3/4 inch necks.

Last edited:
Best thing to do is string your neck up and measure. I'll have to look at the string spacing on my superwide. But I solved any worries by going with Railhammers. When you say "We" do you work for Dimarzio?
I was originally thinking LACE Alumitone because they don't have pole pieces and can accommodate any string spacing. I just learned the DiMarzio pickups that perfectly suit my tone, so I would rather choose those pickups since I definitively know they work for me. "We" means my builder and I (the customer). The bridges are not installed, and we can order a baseplate to space them before installing, so trying to figure out that spacing first.

The bridge spacing will still be the bridge spacing regardless of the nut. The heel/width of the neck will be the same dimensions as any other nut size. Unless you put a 7 string pickup in there, Duncan or Dimarzio F spaced is as wide as it can go as far as individual pole pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either bridge spacing of 2-1/16" (2.0625) or 2-1/8" (2.1250) are a good match with Dimarzio F-Spaced bridge pickups.

If using a tremolo bridge with 2-1/8" spacing, the Dimarzio F-spaced neck pickup seems logical as both neck and bridge spacing is wide in that case.

Last edited:
The bridge spacing will still be the bridge spacing regardless of the nut. The heel/width of the neck will be the same dimensions as any other nut size. Unless you put a 7 string pickup in there, Duncan or Dimarzio F spaced is as wide as it can go as far as individual pole pieces.
Are we sure the 1-7/8" (48mm) nut width - "Superwide" neck from Warmoth actually has the same heel/width as all their other nut sizes? I am not sure that is true, and that is why I am trying to figure out this special scenario :)

Are we sure the 1-7/8" (48mm) nut width - "Superwide" neck from Warmoth actually has the same heel/width as all their other nut sizes? I am not sure that is true, and that is why I am trying to figure out this special scenario :)
The heel is the same width as other necks--so it still mounts in a Fender pocket--but Superwides do have a wider fretboard over top the shaft. Similar to Baritone-conversion necks.

The heel is the same width as other necks--so it still mounts in a Fender pocket--but Superwides do have a wider fretboard over top the shaft. Similar to Baritone-conversion necks.
Right right, How does that look like in pictures? Trying to wrap my head around how this looks visually.

To simplify things for you, you do know you neck width (actually string spacing for nut width) is 100% independent of bridge spacing.

As the pickup(s) is infinitely closer to the bridge vs nut, your pole spacing ( if concerned, it really doesn’t matter), needs to follow your bridge spacing. Forget your neck width (nut string spacing)..

To simplify things for you, you do know you neck width (actually string spacing for nut width) is 100% independent of bridge spacing.

As the pickup(s) is infinitely closer to the bridge vs nut, your pole spacing ( if concerned, it really doesn’t matter), needs to follow your bridge spacing. Forget your neck width (nut string spacing)..
That is what I am gathering from various folks' replies. Thanks,

Back