Cornflower Blue's new Domain and Website

mayfly

Epic Member
Hey guys,

Just recently I purchased a new domain for my band.  In honor of this I decided to whip up a new website. 

I would appreciate it if any folks could give it a try and make comments and suggestions.

the URL is www.cornflowerblue.com

Thanks!
Trevor

I think it is put together well Mayflower. It easy to navigate and looks clean. I like that right when you open it you have an option to click on a song to listen to it. Sometimes webpages automatically play a song and force you to listen to it. I never like that. By the way I dig the song too. Well done.

Web site's nice, but I'm more impressed with the music. I have to agree: A Damn Fine Alt-Country Band!

For some reason, I've always been drawn to Canadian Folk/Country. Big fan of Joni Mitchell and Lightfoot. But then again, I'm also pretty fond of Nickleback, Sum 41, and D.O.A.

Damn, I think I need a Godin!

I think it might make sense for you to more explicitly call out "booking contact", although the generic contact form seems to do that to some extent.  And the publicity and stage setup stuff, I think, should be under a booking contact section, rather than generic "Downloads."  When I go to a musician's website and see a link for downloads, I expect maybe a freebie teaser track, a live version of a song on the record, or something like that.  Getting the stage plot and media package is a bit of a letdown (although you are a handsome bunch of musicians). 

Also, with the CD cover art, it's not clear whether your intent is that the block-printed text on the website is the intended band logo, or the more elaborate logo on the album cover is.  I'd suggest more consistent usage with respect to the band name.

Bagman got all the constructive criticism in, above.  So I'll just say I like it!  Cool songs, too.  That first clip has some jammin' twang goin' on.  Nice playing!

Bagman makes solid points, all. People pay good money for this kind of feedback.

Bagman67 said:
I think it might make sense for you to more explicitly call out "booking contact", although the generic contact form seems to do that to some extent.  And the publicity and stage setup stuff, I think, should be under a booking contact section, rather than generic "Downloads."  When I go to a musician's website and see a link for downloads, I expect maybe a freebie teaser track, a live version of a song on the record, or something like that.  Getting the stage plot and media package is a bit of a letdown (although you are a handsome bunch of musicians). 

Also, with the CD cover art, it's not clear whether your intent is that the block-printed text on the website is the intended band logo, or the more elaborate logo on the album cover is.  I'd suggest more consistent usage with respect to the band name.

Back