Contoured Heel

Jwheeler

What are your opinions on the contoured heel option?  Those that have it on their builds, would it be worth paying for it, if it wasn't standard?

Is the contoured heel available on Z bodies? The Z body page doesn't say anything about it.

It says it's available on all bodies, so I would assume so.

Eric, thanks for the reply.  I may have to get it.  I'm torn between getting something sooner, with fewer options, and gettting everything I want.  I'll probably regret compromising, so I'll wait and get my options.

Hey Man,

Patience.  I'd say wait and get what you really want.  It's the little things that add up to alot in the end.  Contoured heel rocks. 

Later, Shane

I'd say: no compromise.
But, if you have the means, get a basic one to pacify until whenever.

I've never played the contoured heel but I've never had a problem with the heels on my other guitars. Maybe if I did play one it would blow me away. I say go for it.

IMO the contoured heel is only surpassed (slightly at that) by the ibanez AANJ.  On a regular fender type guitarit can't be beat.

Since the heel is at an angle and the screws go in straight, it would seem the screws wouldn't fit flush against the neck plate.  It seems like no one has a problem with it, I'm just curious about how much, if any, space there is.

Please note, the thick soled left shoes for heavy necks, are available with contoured heels, for the songs you gotta just "lean into".

taez555 said:
Since the heel is at an angle and the screws go in straight, it would seem the screws wouldn't fit flush against the neck plate.  It seems like no one has a problem with it, I'm just curious about how much, if any, space there is.

Please review your high school plane geometry book; angle changes with surface if  "heel", so how would that problem arise?

I like my contoured heel, it makes a difference up high, but it's not a dramatic difference imho, I mean there's still a heel there. If you are up above the 15th fret all the time, by all means get one. I can't see any disadvantage except cost - the screws fit just fine.

-CB- said:
Please note, the thick soled left shoes for heavy necks, are available with contoured heels, for the songs you gotta just "lean into".

Hey CB...do you know if those shoes are available for lefties? where can I get a pair :icon_jokercolor:

Back