Complicated True Bypass Problem

and here's that pedal board with the lid on.  It's been around the block a time or two...

n527102111_1528663_8470.jpg

It reminds me of when I wanted to put the guts of a Roland CE-1 and an original Pro-Co Rat together in one box, like your strip. :cool01:

n527102111_1528578_9796.jpg

wow  -  besides all the switching stuff, this is exactly what I used to use back in the day - all of it (ok I had a regular chorus not a super chorus, but it was blue and made by Boss hehehe ;) )

I sold the digital delay and chorus recently on ebay. I still have that tuner though. I've had that at least 20 years. I don't know what happened to the RAT but I must have sold it. All good stuff and all you really need to do rock IMO.

GoDrex said:
All good stuff and all you really need to do rock IMO.

Word!  I just have 4 basic sounds:  a quiet clean, a boosted clean, a quiet dirty, and a boosted dirty.  I turn on the delay / chorus for special effects in some songs, but that's about all you need.

An unpopular and questionably off-thread opinion:

One GOOD preamp.
One GOOD multi-fx unit
One midi controller

I dropped the huge peadlboard years ago. Here's why:

After chaining all of my fx together w/ true bypass and line boosters to negate the signal loss associated with the mess of connecting cable, I had a really good tone. Then I unplugged from the monster board and plugged straight into a GOOD amp to compare, and PRESTO! My tone was 20% better, fuller, more harmonic content, etc.
I sold or gave away every stompbox I had in about the two months that it took me to go with a better approach.

One can simply not retrive the loss associated with lots of cable and lots of interconnects.
So, the longest cable in my system that carries a signal is 12" long, and I have every effect that I need, and many I never use, and nothing is in the signal path unless I'm using it.

Food for thought?
Anyway, your mileage may vary, but I'll never go back to stompboxes. State-of-the art rack gear rules.   :rock-on:

I imagined myself being a super rock star someday with tons of money. and inbetween records I'd just sell all my gear and buy completely new stuff that I've never used before just to make sure I keep my sound fresh. 

Back