CBS

riarojr

how about more CBS strat necks?  especially some exotic wood ones......not sure why, but i know i'm personally drawn to the things.  i came pretty close to buying one in particualr quite a few times even though it's got a clear gloss finish which i'm definitely not the biggest fan of.

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=guitar&start=201&menuItem=1&itemNumber=SN2733&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Well, volume of CBS headstock necks in the Showcase is proportionate to the demand for such; you can always custom order and wait with the rest of us...

I personally love the CBS headstock. It's taken me a long time to warm up to the smaller sized strat headstock. I always cruise the showcase looking for a CBS with a floyd nut but it never happens. Closest thing was a mustang neck with the floyd nut a while back but I didn't buy it because of the shorter scale.

I guess it would a whole convoluted thread if I suggested that the increased headstock mass enhanced the sonic resonant qualities of the base neck wood....

I have a good buddy who has in his posession two Fenders from the '70s, A strat and an original Tele Deluxe.  For some reason that I can't explain,  I like the CBS headstock on the Deluxe, but hate it on the Strat.  Nothing to do with the way it sounds, it just looks silly on the Strat.

If you want a CBS exotic wood neck you will just have to order one. I got lucky about 2 months ago with a nice Padouk/Rosewood CBS and have not seen any after that.
I had to order my all Rosewood and all Goncalo CBS necks beccause I would nevver find them in the showcase.

jackthehack said:
Well, volume of CBS headstock necks in the Showcase is proportionate to the demand for such; you can always custom order and wait with the rest of us...
Now you malke a mistake... the proportionate demand of CBS headstock should be NONE! They're so ugly! :laughing3:

guitlouie said:
I have a good buddy who has in his posession two Fenders from the '70s, A strat and an original Tele Deluxe.  For some reason that I can't explain,  I like the CBS headstock on the Deluxe, but hate it on the Strat.  Nothing to do with the way it sounds, it just looks silly on the Strat.

I completely agree with you there. I really like that tele deluxe look with the big strat headstock, a really interesting look and probably something I'll build 5 projects down the line!  :guitaristgif:

Back