Case for Doubleneck S-caster

Bob-I

New member
Messages
2
I bought a doubleneck S Caster on ebay, great deal, great instrument. The only problem is finding a case. Most doubleneck's have necks that line up fret for fret, this one has the necks staggered. It makes for a very comfortable to play 12 string but the cases/gigbags won't fit.

Any suggestions on where I can find a case. Warmoth answered my request quickly but doen't make cases.

Thx,
Bob
 
Maybe?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1597.html

Would probably be a tight squeeze, but it's the best I could find.
 
RLW said:
Maybe?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1597.html

Would probably be a tight squeeze, but it's the best I could find.
Good find RLW, I've been looking for one for my doubleneck too.  :icon_thumright:
 
For that price it probably doesn't afford THAT much protection, but with you having a machine shop at your disposal, I'd be willing to bet you could easily figure out a few improvements. Like I said, for that price, you can't go TOO wrong.
 
RLW said:
For that price it probably doesn't afford THAT much protection, but with you having a machine shop at your disposal, I'd be willing to bet you could easily figure out a few improvements. Like I said, for that price, you can't go TOO wrong.
Hey it's worth a shot.... :dontknow:
 
RLW said:
Maybe?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1597.html

Would probably be a tight squeeze, but it's the best I could find.

I appreciate the search RLW, but I already measured that one. The body space is 18 1/2", the Warmoth is 22" long at the upper horn. That looks approx like the Epi case, and this instrument won't fit in it.

I'd actually perfer a gig bag. I found a Gator bag that look like it would fit, but the zipper won't close by about 1"  :icon_scratch: . Until I find something else I'll carry it in that bag.
 
This question of cases for twin necks, and other assembled guitars that are not a standard shape or size has been something I have wondered a bit about too.

Is there a company somewhere that could custom make a case for you to fit? Might cost a bit, but at least the instrument would be covered and protected.
 
There are several case makers who will do a completely custom job for your one off or very weird, rare guitars, but to say they are a little pricey tends toward understatement. 
 
Or make one is an alternative. It wouldn't be to hard. Plywood, plastic, go to spotlight and get some nice material to cover. Bing bang boom, all done.
 
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Or make one is an alternative. It wouldn't be to hard. Plywood, plastic, go to spotlight and get some nice material to cover. Bing bang boom, all done.

Hey wana...1001!  :laughing7:
 
Back
Top