Carved top teles!

rockskate4x said:
can it come with les paul control holes?
Yes. We are getting that ironed out right now. It requires the LP control cavity in the back for that control layout.

elgravos said:
If I understand it correctly the carved top in this case really just means that the top side of the main body blank is carved and we then have the option of putting a laminate on top of that?  This is not the same as a 3/4" cap like we can get on an LP or a VIP?
I think what your asking is if this is like our DL lamtops in which we can laminate a thin veneer on top of an already carved body. That type of laminate cannot be done with this body so far. We do in fact use a standard 3/4" thick lamtop for the Carved Top Tele. We can only do the DL style laminate on the VIP body and an LP Carved Top body currently.

actually it was the opposite but you've answered my question nonetheless and in the most positive of ways as what I am after is a mahogany tele with a carved 3/4" maple top.  Perfect!

I get a little confused when I see references to the word "laminate".  It makes me think it's means a 1/8" veneer instead of a "solid 3/4" carved cap - if that makes any sense.

Thanks for offering these!    Would love to see some fancy top examples in the showcase....I can feel a major case of GAS coming on.

Gregg said:
elgravos said:
If I understand it correctly the carved top in this case really just means that the top side of the main body blank is carved and we then have the option of putting a laminate on top of that?  This is not the same as a 3/4" cap like we can get on an LP or a VIP?
I think what your asking is if this is like our DL lamtops in which we can laminate a thin veneer on top of an already carved body. That type of laminate cannot be done with this body so far. We do in fact use a standard 3/4" thick lamtop for the Carved Top Tele. We can only do the DL style laminate on the VIP body and an LP Carved Top body currently.

Will it be possible to request for recessed control holes ?

Gregg said:
... We do in fact use a standard 3/4" thick lamtop for the Carved Top Tele. We can only do the DL style laminate on the VIP body and an LP Carved Top body currently.

Very good news. Only a thick carved top will make a sound difference.

Unwound G said:
Gregg said:
elgravos said:

Will it be possible to request for recessed control holes ?
Unfortunately not on the Carved Top Tele.

This is pretty cool eh?.....

pt1518a.jpg

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=pt1518&Body=2&Path=Body

I liked that black one with natural binding a bit better, but the gold is great.
WAITING for a HH / TOM example!

I love you, Warmoth.

And that is the best representation of the carved top so far. Not sure how keen I am on the horn bevel, though.

Max said:
I love you, Warmoth.

And that is the best representation of the carved top so far. Not sure how keen I am on the horn bevel, though.

A slightly smaller one could be cool, also if it was rounded instead of pointy...
And the switch route could be a tad closer to the center of the body (talking in diagonal movement)

Think you guys can place some hardware on one and take some pics from all sorts of angles, instead of just the head on and back?

Back