Carved top teles!

Suggestion:  make sure the pics of them have a side shot so you can see the profile of the top.  It's hard to tell how thick the carved tops are with just back and front. 

guys... flame maple, get some wider flame, tigers eye dye it, binding, mahogany back, HH routing, and post pictures.

Yeah, this body style is going to draw lots of HH and 2xp90 guys, recessed or regular TOM. Why are they all standard tele routing?

Yea, I see a TOM going great with that.
What did someone call it, a TelePaul?

Max said:
Telepaul is a common name for it, I think.

I posted some pics of tele-pauls.

Thank you sir, you are man for picks for sure.

Wyliee said:
Remember, it is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission..... :evil4:

I just showed my wife your quote and shes not amused. Its ok once my parts are in the house she doesnt say much except about how many guitars does one person need, my stock answer is always how long is a piece of string  :laughing7:

Error when I clicked on
showcaseBtn-CarvedTopTele-bodies.jpg

hannaugh said:
Suggestion:  make sure the pics of them have a side shot so you can see the profile of the top.  It's hard to tell how thick the carved tops are with just back and front. 

Like this?

CarvedTopImage.jpg

Nice!
even though I sometimes feel that flame maple is not that original for a top wood, I would love to see a carved top tele with this!!

You know, I love this thing, it's the only thing I'm really gassing for. But why advertise it as an economical option - the dream body I specced out came in at 1150, which will get me just about anything on the site. It's only more economical than an LP if you don't get a lam top. That said, I also specced out a would-be-brilliant "Les Tele Gold Top" for $670.

And, it really is kind of lame to make rear routing a $20 non-optional add on for this, since it's the only way they come.
Also, why no recessed TOM on this - if it can take a regular tele bridge then the bridge mounting area must be flat, so a recessed TOM ought to work.
Also, why does it say I need to get a lam top in order to have it painted gold top gold with a trans red back and cream binding?

tfarny said:
But why advertise it as an economical option -
The non-lamtop is mentioned as an economical option since there are no other carved tops made this way and as inexpensive. We thought people would be interested.

tfarny said:
And, it really is kind of lame to make rear routing a $20 non-optional add on for this, since it's the only way they come.
Actually, rear rout bodies cost us more to produce and come with cover and screws so that is the reason for the charge in the first place. It is there on the builder because it is a global option box (used for other bodies) and needs to be there.

tfarny said:
Also, why no recessed TOM on this - if it can take a regular tele bridge then the bridge mounting area must be flat, so a recessed TOM ought to work.
We cannot offer the string-thru holes portion of that bridge yet on a carved top body. It has to do with needing fixture that holds the carved top down tight to the CNC surface.

tfarny said:
Also, why does it say I need to get a lam top in order to have it painted gold top gold with a trans red back and cream binding?
I'll look into this.

Thanks

Wyliee said:
hannaugh said:

Like this?

CarvedTopImage.jpg

Ah yes, like that.  Thanks!

If I understand it correctly the carved top in this case really just means that the top side of the main body blank is carved and we then have the option of putting a laminate on top of that?  This is not the same as a 3/4" cap like we can get on an LP or a VIP?

Back