Canary availability

CarteBlanche

I noticed Canary is not listed as an option in the Warmoth neck wood pricing chart.  Does that mean Canary is not available at the moment? Or, does that mean Canary is one of those "call for current availablity" deals :icon_scratch:

Im interested in Q-Sawn canary.

I just received my special order Canary neck.  They do not always have it so it is not posted as a regular. 
However, they have some really nice Canary right now.  I would not hesitate to call tomorrow!
:rock-on:

Aye, i wondered the same thing about a month ago for the same reason, but was able to put through a canary neck order.

I too got one no problem. But according to Gregg, the reason it's not listed is because of it's inconstancy of  availability....

Hey guys I was thinking about a canary neck and was curious about your experiences with what it sounds like as compared to maple or mahogany necks, I realize there are alot of other variables on a guitar but just curious about anyone's general feeling about the sound of it. thanks in advance. Sean

I keep hearing that canary gives a very similar tone to maple. It makes your notes bright and articulate. This is perhaps the opposite of mahogany which is not bad but is different, because it's not as bright but has a nice warm mid range tone.

I love mine, not so much for tonal qualities as much as the feel....It is a bit brighter I believe than mahogany...Maybe due to the fact of it's hardness..... :dontknow:

I recently got my canary neck and I like it a lot. I hate to make statements on tones, since I have tried it with just one guitar, but that guitar does indeed sound bright and articulate. It feels like my rosewood neck, and that is good. I do prefer the feel of my wenge and padouk necks, but this canary is still fantastic to play.

Kublai said:
I recently got my canary neck and I like it a lot. I hate to make statements on tones, since I have tried it with just one guitar, but that guitar does indeed sound bright and articulate. It feels like my rosewood neck, and that is good. I do prefer the feel of my wenge and padouk necks, but this canary is still fantastic to play.

I have a Canary neck on my new tele.  I love how it feels - but it's not shockingly different from the maple necks on my other teles.

I have a couple of canary necks with jet black ebony boards; indistinguishable from an all maple neck tone-wise.

Back