can you put a floyd rose in an ibanez?

leftyflip10

ok i have a left handed Ibanez RG370DXL which had an Ibanez edge 3 tremlo,it broke so im gonna put an original floyd rose in it. my lock nuts are some weird size that is alittle bigger than .5 an inch. they smallest lock nut size is 5/8, i was wondering if it would work in puttng in in.i do not know if the plate will be bigger than the neck,or if it wil just mess up the string wide?

You might want to look for an Edge on e-bay.  I think the stud widths are different between the Edge and the Floyd, although I could be wrong.

If you can't find the Edge you need and want to go with the Floyd, and if the stud width is different, you can always dowel the holes and have them redrilled.

Hello and welcome!  The best site I've found for advice on Ibanez and their tremolos is jemsite.

The short answer is the OFR will probably work in an Edge 3 rout, but check out this thread:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/edge3-replacement-tremolo-68062.html

Edit:  Info stolen from that thread

on IBANEZ EDGE-III cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Original Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Schaller Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: NO

on IBANEZ EDGE/LoPro EDGE cavity:

• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES

• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES

on IBANEZ EDGE-PRO/EDGE-PRO II cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: YES

• Schaller Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

on Original FLOYD ROSE cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES

the TRS/LoTRS/LoTRS-II cavities are not covered as ANY Floyd licensed trem (except maybe Kahler Floyds) can be easily installed in those, no works needed.

Hey Blue,just wonted to let you know that the OFR does NOT fit in an Edge 3 pocket. The spacing in the pocket isnt right,i had to dremel 2-3cm out to get it back far enough to get the mounting studs in.

Back