Camphor Burl Strat

1975strat

I finally got my first Warmoth body and neck  and when I opened the box the color of the body was not at all like I expected, and I will say that I disapointed at first. I have attached the Body Build picture along with the way the guitar was shipped. After putting the piece togther I saw how well the woods blend togther I am actual very happy with the results.

I plan on adding all black hardware and EMG Vince Gill pickup.
Let me know what you think   

Attachments

• Body-Builder.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 600
  • Strat-Body.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 500
  • Strat-1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 510
First of all, welcome to the forum!

That's a fine body. Don't see a lot of that wood.

You should bear in mind that the figured woods Warmoth sells are often wetted down with solvent prior to photography in order to show the grain off. When the wood is dry, it's usually not as astonishing as you might expect. But, if you take some naptha, acetone or denatured alcohol and rub it on that body, I'm sure you'll be quite surprised at how good it looks. It'll be better than the original picture. Then, once you put a finish on there, the improvement will be permanent.

Looks like it actually has a clear finish on it, but the fuzzy photos make it hard to tell.  Nice body, in any case, and welcome, 1975Strat.  Looking forward to seeing how it comes together.  I like the turquoise dots with the other appoinments.

Looks great. I like the turquoise dots too, they seem to go oddly well with the camphor burl. Can't wait to see it finished and maybe some better photos :icon_tongue:

I like where the body builder is carefully cropped to block out the part that says "This is a graphic representation. All configured elements may vary slightly."

The image sizes are laughably enormous.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Just a little more info about the body. It is already finished with a clear gloss. As far as the Body Builder photo goes, Warmoth did a wonderful job on how the wood would be placed on the body, it is may be an inch higher of the real guitar.

I'd be dissapointed too if I opened a box from Warmoth, expecting a gorgeous piece of camphor burl, and it was 3.24 times larger than I expected and fuzzy all over.

In a word...OUTSTANDING!

Resizing your pics would probably show off one of the most unusual bodies *I* have seen here  :glasses10:

Those burls are something else.
I gotta ask a weird question, can you still smell the Camphor through the finish??
I cut a lot of camphor when I was in NOLA doing residential tree work.
Even outdoors that stuff will clean out your sinuses...

Here a some better pictures of the Camphor Burl Strat.  I had it assembled by Lay's Guitar shop in Akron Ohio. This guitar not only looks awesome but plays and sounds awesome too.

Enjoy I know I will!

Attachments

• Strat1.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Strat2.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Strat-3.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 357
Sweet.  I usually don't care for the three-single-coils-on-a-rear-routed-axe look - probably my Stratocaster-tainted upbringing there - but this is so very very much the right idea.  Well executed.  Congratulations.

Back