Calling it a "tele" almost seems wrong...

Sweet.
My first guitar was a Squire Telecaster.

It was a nice guitar but I could never get used to the fuzzy single coils.

I hope to build a Tele one day with LP spec influences. :)

The black and chrome hardware goes well together.  I may change things up on my build - was planning all black hardware/pups but this looks really nice.  The chrome gives it some 'pop'.

I do have a much lighter fretboard though.  Hmmm.... I'm going to have to do some more pondering.  My bridge is black so that may force me to go black on everything.

Anyway - sweet guitar, really looks great.

TheDrizzle said:
The black and chrome hardware goes well together.  I may change things up on my build - was planning all black hardware/pups but this looks really nice.  The chrome gives it some 'pop'.

I do have a much lighter fretboard though.  Hmmm.... I'm going to have to do some more pondering.  My bridge is black so that may force me to go black on everything.

Anyway - sweet guitar, really looks great.

thanks, i really wanted a clean look.  the only black on the guitar is the nut and the toggle switch tip.  The humbucker rings and knobs are rosewood to match the fretboard.  it is hard to tell in the pics, but the grain really stands out in person.  i think my next build will have something different for hardware colour.  I have always been a "chrome" guy.  i was quite inspired by an evh build here recently that had what appeared to be bronze colour hardware.  that was stunning.  alas, i have two builds already started.  bronze will have to wait.

black bridge?  go with the black metal knobs, tuners and pickup rings...my $.002.  it will sound "meaner"...promise...

deajo said:
The humbucker rings and knobs are rosewood to match the fretboard.  it is hard to tell in the pics, but the grain really stands out in person.

black bridge?  go with the black metal knobs, tuners and pickup rings...my $.002.  it will sound "meaner"...promise...

Ah, rosewood.  You probably had it in the text, but I admittedly glaze over text when there are pictures to be seen.

I'm going to hold you to that "meaner" sound btw.  Thanks.

Back