Cagey is a madman

sup

:I know you guys all know about Cageys mad work on necks. This is my first post and I want to tell you he is a mad scientist at set ups and will make your guitar play like butter! So for those of you who just send him a neck if you can you might want to consider sending him your whole guitar. You will thank him! Thanks for the great work Kevin! Looking forward to seeing you again.

sup said:
:I know you guys all know about Cageys mad work on necks. This is my first post and I want to tell you he is a mad scientist at set ups and will make your guitar play like butter! So for those of you who just send him a neck if you can you might want to consider sending him your whole guitar. You will thank him! Thanks for the great work Kevin! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Said "madman" did work on one  which is one of the best playing instruments I own now...and I own a lot.

I’ve got my first Cagey neck waiting for me at home right now. Flying in Thursday and can’t wait to take it for a spin!

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it.

I don't know why, but guitars have always been my favorite form of musical expression, so I never wanted the instrument to get in the way of doing that. So, the thing to do has been to learn to remove any obstacles they might present to the player. When I hear that I've made the instrument more comfortable/approachable for someone else, it makes me feel good. We get to share the joy of that expression. Never wanted to be a manufacturer or anything like that in the pursuit of money, it really has just been a happiness thing. Good thing, too, since there isn't much money in it  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it.

I don't know why, but guitars have always been my favorite form of musical expression, so I never wanted the instrument to get in the way of doing that. So, the thing to do has been to learn to remove any obstacles they might present to the player. When I hear that I've made the instrument more comfortable/approachable for someone else, it makes me feel good. We get to share the joy of that expression. Never wanted to be a manufacturer or anything like that in the pursuit of money, it really has just been a happiness thing. Good thing, too, since there isn't much money in it  :laughing7:
Success is when you achieve your goals. Sounds like you definitely have that.  :icon_thumright:

Kevin (Cagey) put together a whole Warmoth project for me after burnishing the all Bubinga neck and fretting it with stainless steel frets. It all came out amazing. Zhangbucker pickups. Yes, it does have a slightly reliced body finished by MJT guitars, not everybody's bag I know but I wanted that for this particular guitar. When I want to treat the neighbors to some SRV songs this is what I do it with. Thanks again Kevin.

Attachments

• Cagey Built.JPG
    Cagey Built.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 267
Back