Buzz Feiten Tuning System

guitarhobbyist

Man, one never really knows all the details that go into buiding a guitar until you actually do it. Here's another one. While investigating as to why my upper frets were sharp I came upon this. Now I will admit first that my nut needs adjusting, ahem, hence my other question. Any thoughts on the " Buzz Feiten Tuning System "? Is this for everyday guitarists or only for Eric Johnson type guitarists? I thought I was the only one with E chord problems. For further info for those wondering:

http://www.guitarsetup.co.uk/html/buzz_feiten.html
http://www.buzzfeiten.com/

Definitely not just for Eric Johnson types. I can't comment on the buzz feiten system, but I'm using an Earvana nut (same basic thing, just with an uglier nut). It makes a HUGE difference.

nathan a said:
Definitely not just for Eric Johnson types. I can't comment on the buzz feiten system, but I'm using an Earvana nut (same basic thing, just with an uglier nut). It makes a HUGE difference.

i've read the earvana colors your sound alot?

rep and street cred aside, I DONT PUT NOTHING ON MY GUITARS FROM A GUY NAMED BUZZ

bout the same as going to a ophthalmologist named Popeye

bout the same as going to a orthopedist named Peg

bout the same as Chevy NoVa in Mexico

Sorry.... just the way it is

<edit>
Or the Kevorkian Life Insurance Company.

I have a guitar with it and it does make the open chords play in tune but it was never really noticeable to me when i got high up on the fretboard. Perhaps because I bend notes a lot more than pick through scales.

I do lots of chordal stuff, even if higher on the neck. I agree CD that I don't see a huge difference playing single note lines.

Can;t say if it colors the sound; have only had the earvana on my warmoth.

-CB- said:
rep and street cred aside, I DONT PUT NOTHING ON MY GUITARS FROM A GUY NAMED BUZZ

bout the same as going to a ophthalmologist named Popeye

bout the same as going to a orthopedist named Peg

bout the same as Chevy NoVa in Mexico

Sorry.... just the way it is

<edit>
Or the Kevorkian Life Insurance Company.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There used to be a dentist around here named Dr. Paine, but he closed up shop......wonder why???

Schmoopy said:
like good ol'  Doc Fisty the gynecologist and proctologist. not a half bad dentist though.

He was a great motor mechanic too, a bit slow but he did do all his work through the sump plug hole !  :icon_jokercolor:

Back