Burl Fusion Series - a KILLER limited run of Meadowhawks

FYI, Batch #2 sold out in 4 minutes. Pretty crazy.

I think we may do more of these staggered releases in the future.

That took longer than I intended. The day job got the best of me this week.

Anyway, here are some pics from this morning when I laid out all the hardware to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything important.

Really looking forward to putting this all together in the next week or two and I will be sure to post finished pics when it’s all done.

View attachment 59737View attachment 59738View attachment 59739View attachment 59740View attachment 59741

Gold hardware is going to kill on this build!

New to the group. I've been buying Warmoth parts since they were offered through music stores. Big fan. So when this run came out I knew I wanted one. I got the exact one I was hoping for! I went with Duncan Saturday Night Specials mounted using the FU-TONE PMS system.
It sounds as good as it looks! I'm still deciding on knobs.

imresizer-1684850209444.jpgimresizer-1684850345829.jpg

That is a wild looking guitar! I had to read/learn about the Saturday Night Specials, and they are apparently great pickups, especially the neck! The PMS seem to divide people (not only the name 😜), how do they work for you?

That is a wild looking guitar! I had to read/learn about the Saturday Night Specials, and they are apparently great pickups, especially the neck! The PMS seem to divide people (not only the name 😜), how do they work for you?
The SNS neck pup is really nice. Probably my fave neck bucker. The PMS works really well. Makes for an easy install without using rings. It may add some resonance. Hard to tell. I mainly just like how easy it makes the install. This gtr does have really great sustain unplugged or cranked up. I couldn’t be happier with this one!

Why aren't these bodies and necks (not the burl/resin tops), available in the builders?

Because they were made for Warmoth's 40th Anniversary as a special run. Due to Covid the 40th releases got delayed.

But the Meadowhawk and its counterpart the Redshifter would be great to see if they became available to order in the builders at some point.

I just read again what Aaron said. So they would only fit that specific neck with the scarf joint. I don't care for scarf joints, but the headstock shape is nice. And I don't like the bevled guitars that chop the top off like the Keisel Airies or Warmoth's copy of it, but that Meadowhawk body shape is a winner. It looks like a contemporary Teleaster with some Rickenbacker in the lower horn. It would make a nice bass too. I hope they just add the bodies to the guitar/bass builders to fit the Strat, Tele, P and J bass necks like the other bodies instead of going the Gecko rout with them.

I hope they just add the bodies to the guitar/bass builders to fit the Strat, Tele, P and J bass necks like the other bodies instead of going the Gecko rout with them.

You may be an outlier on hoping for that. If you just want the shape of a Meadow hawk that fits the existing necks such as a Strat or Tele you could buy a body blank with neck and pickup routing and shape your own.

Back