Bubinga neck and Kingswood fretboard?

marianoarnaiz

Hello everyone. I am hesitating a bit about my next build.

I am building a Walnut (top) on Alder (back) carved top soloist with a Bubinga neck but I am rather confused about the fretboard, I was going for a black ebony frertboard, then pauferro, then rosewood, and now I am tempted to go for kingswood. Is the last thing I need to decide before ordering. Can you guys give me some advice?

Thanks!

Some Kingwood has a lot of reds, and other Kingwood has a lot of purples. Keep that in mind so that the hues in the other woods don't end up clashing.

marianoarnaiz said:
line6man said:
Some Kingwood has a lot of reds, and other Kingwood has a lot of purples. Keep that in mind so that the hues in the other woods don't end up clashing.

What about the tone? :s

Fretboard wood is far down the list of things that affect tone. Fretboard wood is typically selected based on look and feel.

line6man said:
marianoarnaiz said:
line6man said:

What about the tone? :s

Fretboard wood is far down the list of things that affect tone. Fretboard wood is typically selected based on look and feel.

Thanks mate, I think I will go for kingswood! It just looks amazing

Back