Broken Button ?

wildbill

Is it just me or is the green "Login" button on the front page broken?  The black one in the top of the banner works, so it isn't earth-shattering but I just have to know things like this. LOL

There's a green login button on the front page?

Wait... there's a front page?

So I logged out, and sure enough! A green button! Who knew?

Anyway, works for me. Maybe you're running Noscript or some other kind of adware/malware blocker that doesn't like the site?

It seems to be the "new and improved" Firefox that is the culprit. Brave works just fine. I have opened all the permissions in Firefox and it still won't allow the button to work. Grrr.

wildbill92879 said:
It seems to be the "new and improved" Firefox that is the culprit.

Yea, that new and improved Firefox has not been treating me too well either.  My NoScript does not work with it.  I hated working with the NoScript when I first started using it and now I don’t want to be online without it.  Anybody else having that problem with Firefox and NoScript or maybe it’s just a MAC thang...

No, it's not just a "Mac" thing, or even a "Windows" or "Linux" thing. It's become a swamp thing. Firefox was my favorite browser for many years. Lately, it seems to have transmogrified into a hot mess, so I no longer use it. I'm not sure yet that Opera is a better choice, but it's much better than it was some years back, and it works, so it's got that going for it. NoScript doesn't work with Opera, either, but there's an almost identical utility called "ScriptSafe" that works really well.

Yea, I’ve used Firefox for the past decade, but it does seem to be a PIA at times lately.  It also screws up the printing I need to do from various websites for work.  Never tried Opera but it seems like a good time to give it a try...
Thanks  :icon_thumright:

I upgraded my Firefox last week to v57.0. My OS is Linux Mint and the green button works for me.

I have V57.0 on 64 bit Windows. I have determined that the problem was No-Script. Deactivated it and the green button functions. Bummer that No-Script isn't compatible now. A much larger issue than no green button workie. LOL

I was on Firefox v58b5 when I gave up, so I may have gone too far, but I'm in the same place with not wanting some scripts running. Almost militant about it. Some of the sites out there want to practically install a whole freakin' operating system worth of scripting on your machine just to load a title page, only it's not an OS - it's mostly spyware, and I'm just not having it. NoScript allows you to block all that useless/malicious crap, so if it can't run, we're done.

Funny, but I am still running Firefox and over the past 30 minutes my NoScript has been kinda sorta trying to kick back in.  I had the drop down NoScripts button at the top of the page, but not the bottom NoScripts button.  Then it just went away totally again.  I read on the NoScripts homepage that they were working on making a version compatible with Firefox 57.0, but still in the works.  Still gonna give the Opera a try...

Opera is slightly different, but not prohibitively so. Shallow learning curve, is what I'm saying. A day or three, and you're in. Not trying to sell it, but it's probably an easier transition than going to Chrome or perhaps some of the more obscure browsers. At least, that's been my experience so far. Years ago, it was a more dramatic change. Now? Not so much. No real compromise involved.

Cagey said:
I was on Firefox v58b5 when I gave up, so I may have gone too far, but I'm in the same place with not wanting some scripts running. Almost militant about it. Some of the sites out there want to practically install a whole freakin' operating system worth of scripting on your machine just to load a title page, only it's not an OS - it's mostly spyware, and I'm just not having it. NoScript allows you to block all that useless/malicious crap, so if it can't run, we're done.

Just catching up - I'm running firefox with no-script and I don't seem to have a problem.  Not logging in all the time mind you...

I just checked to make sure my NoScript was working and it wasn't even installed. I guess the upgrade must have dropped it. I re-installed it and the green button now doesn't work. I'm glad this came up since I want NoScript doing it's job.

Back