Brag: Just got my EJ pups

bagman67

Epic Member
I ordered and received a new loaded pickguard full of Eric Johnson strat pickups from an ebay seller whose prices on most stuff are ridiculous, but this was an acceptable price for me this week, anyway.  Looking forward to moving on my project Strat; obviously a new baby messes with guitar production schedules.  Nevertheless -- wheee!  I've really liked these p'ups when I've played them in guitar stores.  Lotsa good fun in the future, I reckon.

Frankly I don't quite get how they come by all the "new" Fender parts - unless they're just buying guitars at wholesale and parting out, which evidently makes it profitable.    I guess I'm answering my own question, here... "road worn" tele body at $570, neck at $399... now it makes sense, when the whole guitar is retailing at $850-$950...

If you care, you've probably already seen them:
http://stores.ebay.com/The-STRATosphere?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Anyway, I'll probably pull the works off the plain parchment vinyl 8-hole pickguard and put them on something more appealing (to my eye, anyway).  Prob'ly black or black pearloid, with black covers.  This'll go on a tiger-eye dye job on flame maple.  I'll keep y'all posted.

Peace

Bagman

Congrats! The EJ pickups are very nice. I bought an EJ model Strat but swapped the pups out because I needed it to be similar in tone and level to my main gigging guitar. I put the EJ pups in my flametop build:
index.php

Johnfv said:
Congrats! The EJ pickups are very nice. I bought an EJ model Strat but swapped the pups out because I needed it to be similar in tone and level to my main gigging guitar. I put the EJ pups in my flametop build:
index.php

That guitar has exactly the right amount of knobs.  :rock-on:

That guitar has exactly the right amount of knobs.  :rock-on:
[/quote]

I concur.

A volume, a toggle, and the truth.  Done.

FernandoEsteves said:
I third that statement!

Which guitar are going the EJ, Bag?

Hey, Nando -

I picked up an unfinished flame-maple-topped Strat body and a neck from a fella with more bills than he could handle.  I'll get some photos up eventually when I have time to start doing the build.

Bagman

Back