Body Shapes

I wouldn't mind seeing more Warmoth original designs. The warhead, warmoth I and II need body shapes to call their own.

Day-mun said:
I wouldn't mind seeing more Warmoth original designs. The warhead, warmoth I and II need body shapes to call their own.

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I would really like to see this myself.

How about the traditional figure 8 shape made into a small as-hollow-as-can-be design? (Surely Gibson wouldn't have a claim to THAT shape) Make it about a third thicker than the solid body shapes & join it at the 17th fret. F-holes optional. Bolt on of course.

A vintage sunburst finished one would look grand with some jazzy pickups and tailpiece design.

Just my 2c worth.

Like a post-modern, electrified version of Robert Johnson's L-1? That would be cool. (Although I'd personally join it at the 14th fret.)

I know I'd buy a Warmoth acoustic like that. i always feel that standard-width acoustic guitars are too bulky.

f44b0332-9e33-46f5-a39e-f943030fcbf8.jpg

(Similar to this?)

Max1981 said:
Like a post-modern, electrified version of Robert Johnson's L-1? That would be cool. (Although I'd personally join it at the 14th fret.)

I know I'd buy a Warmoth acoustic like that. i always feel that standard-width acoustic guitars are too bulky.

Thinking more of a ES150-ish type shape, but with more modern accoutrements, semi solid & say 7/8th the size of an ES150  - but maybe the same thickness?

I'm not even a bass player, but a 4001-ish design would force me to build one. I've always loved those things. Geddy Lee (Rush) was my first real exposure to them, then several guys I knew got them and they're the whip. Very articulate, wide-ranging, attractive and easy to play. I've always been surprised that more bass players don't use them.

Rickenbacker bosses are the must blood-in-the-eyes for their designs... Gibson is a small fish next them...

FernandoDuarte said:
Rickenbacker bosses are the must blood-in-the-eyes for their designs... Gibson is a small fish next them...

I like that description "blood-in-the-eyes".  :headbang:

By some accounts, R's lawyers are probably already monitoring this thread! And on some forums people are afraid to even mention them.

I'm not kidding.

you know, I'd vote for a duo-jet shape.  It's gibsonish, kicks ass, and ...

.... Fender owns them!  Might be a win.

Mayfly said:
you know, I'd vote for a duo-jet shape.  It's gibsonish, kicks ass, and ...

.... Fender owns them!  Might be a win.

Alternatively, how's about your Guild Bluesbird?  Kind of like an LP, but with more ample womanly curves?

Back