Body Shapes

So, yeah, I'm coming to this party late, but someone mentioned the ESP/LTD Viper shape, and I second that.

It's double cut like an SG, but even more aggressive-looking - a really cool shape. I know SG doesn't get that much love on this board, but it's really and truly a cool guitar, even if Les Paul hated it.

Just my $0.02 CDN worth.

Peace,
Pierre

I have no idea in anyone at Warmoth reads these threads, but anyway: Warmoth has joined the 21st Century with their "Warhead" neck - 24 frets, 24.75" scale. And it will fit on their downsize Strat, tele, and regular Mustang and Jag bodies. But since it's a standard pocket - it can be bolted to any body, but you'd have to $45-upcharge yourself to death to get the bridges and pickup routes moved around. It would be very cool it they could pick up the sledgehammer and bang a "standard Warhead mod" into their CNC machine, for free!

COMPUTERS RN'T UZZ...

since there's no firebird and explorers anymore, may be they'll do something like that instead?
Gibson wouldn't mind.
warmoth_riflebird_baritone_7_by_fccu-d6d6ra1.png

(yep, it's a 7string baritone, but that's only because I did it for myself)

Gretsch CVT

2505200566_frt_wlg_001.jpg

and of course a DuoJet singlecut and doublecut would be great.  Or a thinner, smaller version of one of the Gretsch singlecut hollowbody shapes, but chambered instead to replace the L5S.

Yes, duo jet bodies would be awesome.

And i'd love semi-hollowbodies from warmoth es-335ish, es-339ish, es-336ish, gretsch 6120ish etc.

At least The Gretsches shouldn't be a problem from a legal point of view.

Fender has control over marketing, production, and distribution of guitars but the Gretsch family still owns Gretsch Guitars.
Also the current license W holds is only for headstock shapes.

How about a Coronado style guitar. Keeps the double-cut-away hollow-body idea, but because its a Fender design there shouldn't be any legal issues.

Back