Body Shapes

Xplorervoodoo

I know this probably isn't going to go far, or be widely agreed with, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more body shapes.  Especially since the BC Rich shapes are gone, and Gibson dropped the hammer...

I know the big W is going to be releasing alternative shapes soon to replace the Gibson ones, but how about a few more?

Like ESP shapes, for example.  They made a living off of copying Gibson anyway  :laughing7:  and I wouldn't mind seeing the AX shape in W's library, but then, I do like me some radical shaped guitars.

Or even some other Ibanez shapes to compliment the Iceman, like the Talman or an RG style 7 string body...

Don't get me wrong, I like strats and teles, I'd just like to see something different  :toothy10:

I'd be very happy to see Warmoth make a Viper-style body! Hell yes. And ESP might be less likely to chase Warmoth around. Especially since they're a Japanese company, and they make Gibson copies themselves. They would probably (right?) be less likely to bother with a suit against Warmoth.

I'll second the Talman. I've loved those ever since I saw Billy Bragg playing one (with a fantastically gaudy sparkle-finish no less) on TV.

I'd like to cast my vote, even though I'm a newbie here, for the Fender Esprit style. I would have done quite a few builds by now if this was available.

Did anybody ever evah on this forum mention the starcaster??? probably not..

btw, love the esprit/flame/ford robben models!

I think some of the answers to the missing shapes that were lost from Gibson is right under our noses.  Bring the G (Gecko) shape to the guitar line. There's nothing more Warmoth than that. Perhaps even the full Gecko construction as well as the regular Fender compatible G shape.  By the way, could you possibly let us have other inlay choice besides a lizard or nothing and how about a 4 sting true Gecko bass while you're at it.? Also there's other shapes already around you just need to tweak them up or down from guitar to bass or vice versa.  For instance the offset body of the J Bass would look great as a guitar.  I think that's been mentioned here around a thousand times.  And if the metal control plate is an issue then make a pickguard that extends to where the plate would be. I've seen that done with J Basses.  And how about a Star or a V2 bass?  How about a more angular Jackson style headstock for Basses, heck even just make the Warhead headstock regularly available for full scale basses not just short scale.  Anyway back to bringing the G(ecko) shape to guitar, I mean the single cutaway version as well as the double.  So we lost the LP shape, I think the single cut G shape would look sweet as a guitar.

Just my two cents.

Ruben DLR

Agree with the Talman.

Maybe Warmoth could bring back the B.C. Rich shapes, but modify them so they're not ENTIRELY B.C. Rich, but not unrecognizable either.  :party07:

I'd also like to see them add a Mosrite Ventures body shape.

And if they could pull off a LaBaye 2X4, that would be amazing  :toothy12:

Max1981 said:
Maybe Warmoth could bring back the B.C. Rich shapes, but modify them so they're not ENTIRELY B.C. Rich, but not unrecognizable either.  :party07:
I'd rather they just built them like they used to be, providing they could re-negotiate with BCR and reach an equitable agreement for the license.

Max1981 said:

I seriously doubt that would happen.  Look who handles Mosrite stuff now and brags about serving papers on folks producing "fake" Mosrite guitars.

Scuffcakes said:
Max1981 said:

I seriously doubt that would happen.  Look who handles Mosrite stuff now and brags about serving papers on folks producing "fake" Mosrite guitars.

Isn't Roman dead? :icon_scratch:

Or have I got the wrong guy? That sounds like him, though.

I think it was Ed. I've been on his site and he seems to do a lot of name dropping, bragging, and fame-sucking.

I still want a Mosrite body.

If they can't, then at least let me be able to do a little more with the right-hand reverse strat!  :help:

Altar said:
Scuffcakes said:
Max1981 said:

Isn't Roman dead? :icon_scratch:

Or have I got the wrong guy? That sounds like him, though.

He's dead?  Shows how much I pay attention to the guy :dontknow:

I dunno if Ed Roman is the one you're thinking of when it comes to Mosrite-shaped guitars, but he is indeed the late Ed Roman.  Shuffled off this mortal coil a year or so ago.

So I was on archive.org and found an archive of warmoth.com screenshots...

Apparently, Warmoth used to offer an L5S, my favorite guitar.

And now they're gone.

You do not know the rage that is seething within me. BRING BACK THE GOOD STUFF!!!

Back