Body ideas????

Wound up ordering this puppy; now to study on how to finish it.....

QMa.jpg

QMb.jpg

Very nice! Like the Korina! Even though I will still be thinking about goldy...

I'll get around to the '54 Goldtop Strat maybe next, if I don't get distracted, will have to order custom parts on that one and wait a while as there'll never be anything suitable body-wise in the Showcase; have to finish the Thin Special and see how I like the Rio Grande P-90s as well, wind/rain have not been cooperating the last couple of days...

Any sage words on how I should finish the quit top?

black filler and a trans something with a black burst over. or just a dark ernie ball style honey burst, theres is the best.

Go to top of thread, aesthetically black and brown don't mix; thinking of something amber/honey on brown filler? Was looking through quilt tops on the Showcase and there's a lot of homely items there....

You can try some brown, to match, but it's a little bit "over"... look this guitar, this is the first one I've build:

perhaps a yellowished amber do it right...
fen_019-4480-820.jpg

86513.JPG

Attachments

• Fernando - My Guitar.jpg
    Fernando - My Guitar.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 338
Hey Nonsense, you built those guitars?  those are beautifull man, wow!  Nice work!

NoNonsenseTele - Love that bass; how did you do the finish on that? I think I'm going to try filling the body with StewMac brown filler, and use a Woodburst stain/dye in a similar color to that finish you have there...

jackthehack said:
NoNonsenseTele - Love that bass; how did you do the finish on that? I think I'm going to try filling the body with StewMac brown filler, and use a Woodburst stain/dye in a similar color to that finish you have there...

Didn't understand well! :)
The bass was Fender who did it! :icon_biggrin:
I only build the guitar... It's a Imbuya Burl veneer in the top and the headstock, so it's the natural color... and the finish is the only thing I didn't do, I leave it to a professional painter...

nonsense tele, that guitar of yours is a work of art. I'm blown away by that finish, and the matching between neck and body woods. Well done my friend

Back